Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

New Rider from North Georgia

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  GeorgiaRider 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2003 Vulcan 800 with only 13,000 miles. I rode today for the first time and was very nervous. I never got past third gear but had a blast. I am thinking of bobbing it in the future:D

#3 ·
I ride an 05 800 in Dalton. Ride with a friend just north of town with an 04, and another from Cleveland, Tn. on I think is an 01 maybe. If your not to far off, should hook up and ride once you get comfortable, but never get too comfortable!

#4 ·
Have you taken the MSF Basic Rider course? If not, find one and sign up. The 800 is an awesome bike, and though low on the Vulcan line, it has enough weight and power to be quite a handful for an inexperienced rider.

See you in the 800 forum!

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
I ride through Ellijay at least once a month, 136 is a nice ride that way, couple times a year go torwards Hellen also. Some of the best roads are in this part of the country. Looking forward to riding with ya.

#9 ·
Hey Todd, welcome. I just went through Ellijay today on the way back from my Smoky mountains trip. Stopped at Panorama and had a fried apple pie on the way home, good stuff. Let me know if you ever want to go for a ride, I am always riding up the Ellijay way.

#11 ·
Welcome Todd. You'll love riding the roads in north GA and into TN and NC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.