Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Hot day to ride.

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Busboy 
#1 ·
Because I also use my bike to commute to work, it's going to be a bloody hot ride with the temp expected to top out at 43c/109f.
Luckily my ride to work is early morning at 4.30. Even then the temp is still high at abt 18c/64f.

#4 ·
Bear, I'd love to mate. Be happy knowing that the sun is on its way north as we speak. :)
The government has set today's fire danger to catastrophic n has closed all national n state parks. This is the first time I've ever heard that happening. All campers have to leave the parks this morning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
I'm a HAM radio operator and frequently speak with a radio friend in Australia, and he's been teling me about how dry and hot it's been there. Be safe I know you don't want a repeat of the fires you had a few years ago. Cheers.

#7 ·
Summer is like that here, except usually higher than 64 early in the morning and lower than 109. The advantage here is there isn't much to burn, which doesn't stop careless people from starting roadside fires. I hope not to read about fires down under.

#8 ·
For the past 2 summers they've been majourly wet from the"La Ninia" effect.
This year looks like it's back to "El Ninio", hot dry summer. ....
I don't do heat very well either. ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
It's almost 3.15am n its still 34c/93f. Got up to 42c/107f yesterday. I to drive an air conditioned vehicle all day.

#12 ·
This is in the Sydney metro area. They said there would be a cool southerly abt 2am, haven't seen it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.