Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Who own's other bikes? Let's hear from you?

30K views 145 replies 69 participants last post by  Bob Myers 
#1 ·
Hey, I have to admit I sure love my Vulcan 1600. It's my favorite ride! But last fall I was privileged to pick up a 1999 Triumph Sprint ST 955i for a great price. I have always been wanting a sport touring bike for a while and now I have to say, I found a bike that fit's the bill. It is fast........very fast, but I take it cool though. One thing I love the most about this bike is the saddlebags.They are so easy to snap on and off. Just one lock with a key and presto. Very nice bike and highly recommended!! Plus it has heated grips too. :)

Here she is...

See less See more
#2 ·
And of course I can't go without mentioning my Honda XR200R. Just love this bike too, when I want to get out and back in the bush, you can beat the easy light handling of this little four stroke bike.

Here she is... and me...

#7 · (Edited)
I have a GSx650f set up for touring, the VN900 is for WE, the GSx is for me!
http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/...rently have/?action=view&current=90193929.jpg

My garage is currently like this for the winter

Motorcycle Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle accessories

The 800 (far left is my brother in laws) the other 2 are mine plus the trailer.
Traded my 08 Bandit 1250 to keep the other half happy.
Bikes i have had are,

http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/whiting57/Bikes that i have had in the past/

Always been into the Touring thing. Cheers Maurice

#37 ·
#8 ·
I have ridden a ST, very nice bike, long legs for high speed touring, good choice. Maurice

#12 ·
My fiancée has a 08 vn900 custom.

I ride a 03 Yamaha Warrior w/ the speedstar kit.

#15 · (Edited)
Barn full of bears is not a bare barn

am down to 3 scoots in the barn. it gets harder every year to keep all these babies attended, riding, maintenance, insurance, mods, etc. is fun though!

07 'lectraglide is my lead hoss; "Betty the buick" aka the "RoadMaster". 3.5yrs and only 50k smiles. am slowing down here as of lately?

07 kaw V2k is my chop job project bike, ie wrenchable; the "RedBear'n". 1.5 yrs and only 20k smiles. must really be slowin down? went to the darkside 7k ago. lots of mods, mostly stripped down. badass.

07 guzzi griso. "Griso da Bear", where you 'specting different? 2yrs and a mere 10k. think I stopped somewhere? a Canyon carver to replace my old suzy sv1n. not the same but fun.

Betty is scheduled for major surgery next mo. California Side Car - daytona trike kit to fill out her rear end. will post results. out, ponch

#16 ·
Time to fess up, lol

As some may recall, last Nov. my MS got totaled( http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4854 ) so that put me in a search for anouther scoot, after getting screwed on deal for another MS, and more searching I had to step back and look at things differently. I wasn't finding a MS that I wanted that was in my budget so it was time to open up my mind and look at everything. After alot of searching a deal finally presented itself, good enough that I pulled the trigger and now I have my first HD:eek:

It's an '06 Sportster 1200C, pretty much stock with under 5500 miles on it. I haven't gotten to ride it much yet, but nicer weather is coming:D I've been on metrics my entire life and wanted to try something different. I looked at some sportbikes, but my wife wasn't to agreeable with that, lol!

Now, I'm not jumping ship or going anywhere, lol, I still have my VN900, I love that bike and it aint going anywhere. Once the weather cooperates and we can get some miles on, which ever one my wife is more comfortable on will become our 2-up ride and the other will become my solo hotrod.

#17 ·
Now, I'm not jumping ship or going anywhere, lol, I still have my VN900, I love that bike and it aint going anywhere. Once the weather cooperates and we can get some miles on, which ever one my wife is more comfortable on will become our 2-up ride and the other will become HERS
Yea, like the wife is going to sit idly by and watch you ride off alone while there is a perfectly good bike sitting there just begging her to hop on and go?
Just be sure and let us know later how much she likes her new 900 Vulcan.

#23 ·
My other bike is a 750 Shadow Spirit. When i got my 900 last summer, i talked my wife into taking the safety rider's class and she started riding this. I've got the rear end lowered 2" so even her short little legs can easily touch the ground. I have to tell you, one of my favorite things is following along behind watching her ride it. Too cool; it just puts a smile on my face.
An upgrade may be in order though, she's already eyeing my 900 and thinking about getting one for herself!

The hotrod in the background is all mine, though. :D

Attachments

#31 · (Edited)
1996 Suzuki RF900. Just short of 30,000 miles. I've owned it for just over three years and have put more than 1/2 the miles on it.

These are very underappreciated bikes. Not the very fastest, not the very best handling, but a very stable and forgiving platform with enough of both to keep all but the very hard core entertained.

#32 ·
Wow. I wanted the buy the Suzuki 900 at one time. There was one for sale locally, but I didn't have the cash. In time I ended up with my "99 Triumph Sprint ST 955i, so all worked out good and I absolutely love my Triumph.:)

#33 · (Edited)
Don't ya'll go green with envy at the same time now, but here's my other "non-Kawi" ride. :D It's an Argo 150cc scooter, bought for the daughter (though she doesn't enjoy it as much as she originally hoped). You'd be surprised that, despite the size, the thing can, well... SCOOT! Every once in a while, I take it out to test the maintenance, and it will still move my 250 lb. frame quite well. I've had it up to 50mph with a bit of throttle to go, but that tine thing with those tiny wheels... EEK! Not to mention I look like a shriner on a mini-bike. LOL!

And now, for your viewing pleasure...

Here's the "mean approach"

Just a touch smaller than Redemption... V-"twins"?

#35 · (Edited)
You should see it with a 250lb, 6'3" bald man on it! EVEN MEANER! LOL I'm sure that when I ride it I hear squeals of fear, not peals of laughter!!

edit: wow! Look at that, 500 posts!

#41 ·
1996 ZX9R Ninja

Here is one of my other bikes. 1996 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja. World's fastest production bike, 1996 (179 mph stock), held fastest lap time at Streets of Willow track, Cycle World, for several years. Race Tech suspension, Ferodo Ultralite Ductile Iron full floating rotors, Galfer brake lines, Hyperpro steering damper, Corbin seat, Hindle SS exhaust, etc.

This is at my house after coming home from the Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally last June.

Attachments

#42 ·
Put some money down on a 2010 Wide Glide last weekend, just love the look of it. The dealer i'm buying it from is bringing to his place so i can pick it up this coming weekend. Pretty excited about adding to my stable... no intention of getting rid of my 900. I'll post a pic when i get it home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.