Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Back to Bikes...

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Quiz Kidd 
#1 ·
Hello, all....hope to make some friends and learn a bunch here...returned to motorcycles in May 35 years after selling my last bike -- rat 1955 Panhead I'd planned to chop....but sold it and took up hang gliding...since, flying stuff has dominated my work, play and everything in between.

But decided it was time to ride again -- but no wrenching this time. Found a never-sold 2008 Mean Streak at my local Kaw dealers back in March...watched the price drop several weeks and, with the encouragement of my Bride and Partner picked it up the first week of May...

One custom change since -- a Corbin Rumble Seat that my Bride and I both like much better than the even-a-hard-butt-Spartan-would-hate factory original.

Participated in a few Poker Runs, a couple of toy rides/rallies, and in the process of reacquainting myself on life with motorcycle...

Good to be here!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks...and yeah...

Thanks for the note, Smedlin...yeah -- one of five two-to-four-year-old, brand-new bikes on the shop's used floor...all with full factory warranty, etc...and yeah -- got an excellent deal, extended warranty, tire and wheel road protection, etc...

Slowly building a list of little things I'd like to upgrade...grips, pegs, etc...probably going to let her stay stock, otherwise, and enjoy the reliability and warranty safety...at least, that's my tune now :D

And nice lookin' scooter! Lovin' the chrome!

#4 ·
Local shop has a brand new '06 Suzuki! You can find nice leftovers in these smaller dealers! Although I'd be a little concerned about a bike that's been sitting for 7 years!

#7 ·
Had some concern about a four-year-old...but the warranty took away my worries and so far the Streak has been perfect....no leaks, no issues. Hard part of the summer was being patient and moderate through the two-stage break-in period...:rolleyes:

#8 ·
Thanks, Man....yeah, it's been great to get back after two or three years of "cheating" -- riding one of my bud's spare bikes, sticking to backroads and out-of-the-way destinations because of my lack of a motorcycle endorsement....took care of that with Rider's Edge training class on Memorial Day Weekend...my Bride and I did it together...had a ball -- though really want to try some of the course work on the Streak...but had to stick with the class bike (a Blast)...

Onward and upward...hoping to cut out of my office early today and put on some miles since the temp's headed into the low 80s :D

Thanks!

#6 ·
Beautiful bike Quizkid. I got my used meanie end of this past July and was my first bike in 30 years. I love it (never had a bike like this before) and am having a ball on it. Ride safe and enjoy life man.

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks, Markstep....nice! This is the most scooter I've ever owned...prior biggest was a chopped 1950 Panhead I built in the mid-1970s...had an 80-inch motor -- and needed an hour's wrenching after every three hours of riding :eek:

Not this baby...not a drop or ooze anywhere and nothing to adjust -- except my attitude when I ride ;)

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.