Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Tail Light Bulb Number?

15K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Jammin'John 
#1 ·
Looking for the bulb number used in the tail/brake light on my 06 V2K... I found mention of the bulb in the (older) manual I have, but no specific number.

After reading about the wonderful time some have had replacing the bulb, I'm considering a drop-in LED when it goes. Maybe something like a
3157-W45-T
( http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...tion=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/315x-x45-T.htm ) ???

Thanks,
Woody

#4 ·
Did a quick Google search and another forum mentioned

"Sylvania 7443 but I was not happy.
The OEM bulb has a support pin in the middle of the taillight filament, but the Sylvania did not.
I went to NAPA and there ATM-7443 was identical to the OEM.
The difference is the OEM and NAPA bulbs are heavy duty, or sometimes called severe duty and long lasting.
The regular Sylvania says standard performance on the package, and don't have the support for the filament."*

#5 ·
Thanks for the help! 7443 was the number I was looking for. With 20/20 hindsight I now realize I need the same sort of number for the license plate bulb so I can replace both at the same time. Anyone know the generic number (or what ever its called)? The Kaw number won't help in the cross-referencing :(

Now that I have the 7443 number, this is what I'm looking at....

Thanks again,
Woody

Attachments

#9 ·
No, just the license light. IIRC the tail/brake is a 1/4 turn like most automotive bulbs. I just put a LED tail/brake in mine a couple of months ago. I did a huge write up on it on my phone then it wouldn't post and I lost momentum to put it back up. Long story short the LED isn't any brighter.

#10 ·
If I recall my research, the 161 and 194 bulbs are similar, but the 194 is higher wattage / brighter. Both are nominally incandescent but are also available in LED.

Also, from what I found, there are a number of variations of the 7443 in LED, some brighter than others...

Woody

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.