Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Brake pedal slashing re-visited.....

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bubba in TX 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I did the post on whittling that too wide Voyager brake pedal down to a reasonable size for us floorboard acreage impaired guys. Otherwise known as the non dainty footed boys.

Anyway, I took the break pedal pad assembly off the pedal arm bu removing the pin and spring. Cut the pedal a little over the half way mark right at the first pad mounting bolt. I them used my medium bench top belt sander to round off the cut edge to make it look better. You will notice some air gaps now that some of the metal under the pad is gone. I used black epoxy and filled in the holes. After that was set and dry, sanded them smooth again and put it all back on the Voyager. I like my pegs as low as the boards and now I have room between the peg and the brake pedal for my clod hoppers.

See pics..

Auto part Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Engine

Auto part Engine Fuel line Automotive engine part Carburetor

Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Engine

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I did something very similar...I used a band saw to make the intial cut, then cut an additional half an inch off the metal plate so that the end of the cut plate would be more recessed under the rubber piece and not show so much. I then used a small cut piece of chrome door molding to cover the cut edges of the pedal plate...and sprayed the end of the rubber pad with some rattlecan stuff that is like the stuff they spray in truck bedliners. That covered up the metal inside the rubber from showing too badly. The rest was just shaping the end of the rubber to look decent. I used a grinding wheel at work for that.

I like to ride with my heel on the floorboard and my toe on the highway peg, but the brake pedal was just in the way. This was a great fix...:).

Attachments

#4 ·
Yep... I like my heel on the board and my toes on the pegs. Lower the better for me and my legs...

On my Venture I could hang the back of my feet lower than the boards...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.