Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

New V2K's

6K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Wild_Bill 
#1 ·
I have heard several people mention the fact that there are supposedly brand-new Vulcan 2000's in warehouses somewhere that people were unable to sell and are just sitting on them. Does anybody have any leads on where some of these new V2K's are located or which dealers to contact, Or is this all just one big myth that cannot be disproved?

#4 · (Edited)
This dealers is advertising to have some online 2009 and 2010 models. They are in Hazard Ky. http://www.ridecenterusa.com/. I purchased mine at Atlas (Bristol, VA) http://www.atlashondayamaha.com/ in April this year, but they do not have any more. In April they did have a 09 M109 left over but i doubt they still have it. Their price on the tag was 10k so I am sure some one worked a good deal on it.

#6 ·
Their site just shows MSRP. Yeah if they are asking 15k they can keep them. I tried to work a deal on a left over ATV a few years ago with them but turned it down. Not because of the deal but the lack of $$$ on my side. That is kinda close to you isn't it?

#8 · (Edited)
In 2010 I believe the LT was the only one available. Since you are in TX then I guess eastern KY is out of the question. I put it out there before I knew where you were.

#10 ·
#17 ·
I am beginning to realize just how badly it sucks not to have a motorcycle. All I have to drive in is my jeep and a Ford van and they both suck but not as bad as not having a motorcycle sucks.

Did I mention this situation sucks? I got really used to having my bike in the garage and being able to get on it anytime I wanted to and ride off, now all I have is a big empty spot where it used to be parked.

#19 ·
Hey Coolpig!!

Everything is for sale all the time except the Wife, to priceless and more expensive too let go LOL.:eek::pig: If you like my bike it could be had for $8,500, may sound high but have alot in it. 2007 Classic with 17,000 miles. Very clean bike. Pictures in the BOTM, can't hold a stick to Smedlin's Beast but it's a nice bike!! Just an FYI, I don't need to sell it but can if I choose.

#21 ·
"That is kinda close to you isn't it? "

Sorry, didn't see that question yesterday. It's closer to me than it is coolpig but it's still at least 100 miles from me. Definitely look at shipping costs and providers. My co-worker had a bike shipped from Texas to Kentucky for $600 right to his door. It's cheaper the more flexible you are, it may have to circle the country before it gets to you but patience is a virtue, or so I hear.

#22 ·
Close is a relative term. My closest Kawasaki Dealers is around 75 miles away or so. But hey for the right price and maybe some extras thrown in. I would be willing to pay the get one shipped if it was new of course. Especially if I have ridding the same model bike before.

#24 ·
I got a 07 - 2000 at kawicity 2 years ago for $8500 out the door. there all gone. don't remember seeing any more 2000 on there show room floor, but who knows whats in the back room. Deal with them all the time and always been good guys working there. If you buy one and plan to trailer it they don't fit on a 10 foot trailer if you have a ramp on it, the thing is 10.5 ft. long with fanders. The thing is the nosiest thing I ever rode but when you twist the grip you better be hanging on. I love it :)

#25 ·
10.5 ft... i think you should re-measure that.... now way the v2k is more than 2 ft longer than a vn900....

#26 ·
well a quick look at the kawasaki website says that the v2k is 99.8 inches, or 8ft 4 inches !!

#30 ·
I've been in SWVA's part of the country, they have to pipe in daylight. Ever heard the phrase 'can't get there from here'? It was coined close to there. It's beautiful country to be sure but make sure the tank is always full.

#31 ·
That's the truth. You told me once before you took rides over black mtn over outside of Appalachia. I am about an hour and half from there.

For everyone else we measure how far away stuff is with time. Where I was raised I lived 14 miles out of town but it took me almost 35 minutes to get there and 14 miles at 60mph is 14 minutes. The county I live in dose not have the first inch of 4 lane highway.

#33 ·
no there has not been. Been a light rain an cool all day. The V2K stays at home during the work week now since I come in when it is dark and leave when it is dark.

#38 ·
I may have found a 2009 model at a reasonable price and I am going to go look at it tomorrow, if it's good I will buy it. The good part about it is it's within 80 miles of me.
That is the best part of it all. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.