Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

tyre size for Nomad

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bigmacbkr 
#1 ·
Have just bought a 1700 Nomad & wondering what size tyres I can put on the rear & also what would be the best tyres to go with.
I like the Continental Milestones, also Metzlers, but not sure if they have them to fit.
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Tried the Conti's on my 800 last march, rear was gone by end of june. Rode and handled good, but wore out way to quick, less than 5,000! Hear good things about the ME880s, will try them in febuary. Maybe I just got a soft tire, but will not be using the Milestones again.

#3 ·
Tire selection is a very personal choice based on how you ride the bike, the type of roads you ride, etc.

Some put a car tire on the bike.

I went with Dunlop Elite 3 bias ply in 160/80B16 on my Voyager. Got 16,000 out of the first one.

The Michelin Commander II is a popular tire choice and is rated for up to 20,000 miles. We haven't had anyone on this forum wear out a Commander II yet so we don't know how many miles it will go on these bikes. You have to go slightly larger than stock to put a Michelin Commander II on the bike.

The Excedra Max is still the best tire for the front IMO. People have experienced strange wear patterns and slow speed wobbles with some of the other tires on the front.

Hope this helps a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.