Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Chrome trim

5K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Bubba in TX 
#1 ·
Hey All, I looking for the chrome speaker covers and top tank trim off a 2010 to 2013 voyager. Want to put them on my vaquero Thanks For any help.

#2 ·
I you have black ones I will trade you. The speaker grills and tank bib is too much sun reflecting chrome to suit me.

#3 ·
I have not thought about that, all you voyager owners or vaquero owners that have the chrome covers over the speakers and fuel tank Does the sun bother you that much. If not Bubba I will trade you let me get alittle info first deal? Thanks

#4 ·
For about an hour noonish all that chrome in front of me blinds me and then later from the speakers again if I am going East.

I have put blue painters tape on some of it on my all day rides. I was going to take the speaker grills and tank bib off and sand and paint them black when I got back to Texas again before my next long ride.

I wont be back in TX until March.

#10 ·
Motomi1...

I dont live that far from you and also ride year round generally but at 7k plus feet. I am glad it does not bother you..... but it does me.... to me it is just too much flashback from the sun. It's just that simple. No conspiracies, no brand bashing, no model bashing (well just a little), just an old fat farts preference. A couple more years riding the Voyager I just might well be blind in one eye also, from fried retinas.

#11 ·
I got my Voyager at the end of the summer, and only have 4k + on her.
Most of the time there are no issues with reflection or glare.
But, when it does catch the sun just right it can be pretty severe.

I plan on waiting to see what it is like in better and sunnier weather. But, I can understand why someone would want non-reflective speaker trim.

Scott

#13 ·
There's a "right" color? Mine is black and dark gray. It has no color...

#15 ·
Bubba
if the tank on your voyager tank is black on top I Think you will like it alot
Will go good with the black paint just my two cents worth. I you want it stock looking go with the other guy I an quite hapoy with the way my look now.I did not like that 120 grit sand paper feel of factory Its Up Yo You. Thanks b Cope. ps let me know.

#17 ·
IL Vaquero...

That's why I want to see a set of stock ones first. I may not like the finish either.

#18 ·
Bubba
I did dit have a chance to have the wife help me this morn I did not get to bed unto 1pm and back up at 6am I have to work through satudary because of the hoildays schwans offers no holidays we havs to run holidays route before or after the holidays. So makes for long weeks just to be off on chrismas eve and day. And then right into new years Bubba I would syill like to trade you parts if you find you lioke foctorys over my I completely under stand the speckers covers are still stock. Just the tank trim i sanded and painted with raddle can. ThanKS B Cope .ot togo to work late.

#19 ·
IL Vaquero....

That's cool... we have plenty of time to worry about it. I have no opportunity to see a Vaquero where I am in Nevada. Unless I see one at a local gas station, since it is 20 degrees and snowing I doubt if that will happen...

I do know I can live without the chrome ones and had planned to get Vaquero ones before now. My oldest daughter knew I was not wild about all that chrome and told me about the black Vaquero ones. But she quit her job with the dealer I bought it from last July. She was a service manager there and moved to Texas also. No more good discount :(

I did not look at a Vaquero the day I bought it even though there were a ton of them in there. They did not have a trunk so I was not interested at looking at them. What can I say? I am a trunk and trailer man...:eek: And boy does it pull my trailers well... better than the Venture did. Hills mean nothing to it.

#20 ·
Here's an interesting fact.....Kawasaki changed the finish on the gas tank trim panel on the 2013 Vaquero. It's now a smooth matt black finish...however I think I could have mine taken to an auto body shop and have it refinished for less than Kawasaki wants for that new 2013 part :(

#21 ·
I wonder if Nines and myself showing them what we did to our parts over in CA at the Headquarters meeting with the Japanese designers had anything to do with that? :eek:

#23 ·
Has anyone checked the price of the 2013 tank trim I know the chrome trim I priced , The lowest was $160 for tank trim and I think $59 for the chrome speaker trim That seem high to me. I have send out to salvage yards but got no return for any of them todate.

#24 ·
I have had issues with glare from the chrome tank trim and speaker trim. I notice a major difference when I have my sheepskin pelt on the bike because it covers most of the tank. I have even had issues at night with the tall clear screen on the bike. I get a reflection of the instruments in the windscreen.

Il Vaquero, have you tried www.motosport.com, www.ronayers.com, and www.bikebandit.com?

#25 ·
Thanks for the info I have the 6.5 black short sheild on with the 14in sheild and don't get that glare . And I will check out the links when i'm in need of parts and you know important stuff. Happy Holidays B Cope.

#26 ·
twowheel....

Yes on the dash reflection. I wonder if anyone has had the speedo meter pack out to see if you can change bulbs. Thats going to be a next winter project. Like on the Venture they are LED. I put blue LED lights in my Venture, a major meter dissection operation, but doable, and on the scoots with normal bulbs I did the same with blue LED replacements. To me the blue just does not seem to be as bright and harsh shining in my face. Plus that "vintage look" Venture dashboard did look cool in cool blue light.

If I had a red scoot I would do it in red.

#27 ·
I only got as far as tightening the gauges when I had the fairing apart. Now, on my Concours the high beam indicator is a very bright blue that causes my pupils to close up a little which in turn negates the use of high beam to light up more of the road. I have put a piece of electrical tape over it for safety reasons.

#28 ·
Chrome dash and spearker covers

BUBBA TX
Whwn you grt back to tx in march let me know if you want to trade for the black ones I have Thanks IL vaquero aka B Cope

#29 ·
OK... like I said in the PM I still want the black trim.... but its going to be 2 months yet before see my Voyager again....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.