Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Cover me Up!

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Romans5.8 
#1 ·
Time to cover big girl-v2k cl lt- even in the garage- for about 1 month.
Cover I got few yrs ago is too small to drape all the way around-homemade lowers[shiney n chromed] and viking bags are the culprits.
What are you guys usin with this set up?
Thanks

#2 ·
i would suggest the Neslson Rigg - XL size. heat resistant, so you can put them on even when the pipes are hot and is also reflective to the suns heat. I ride my bike to work everyday and it sits out in the sun in the parking lot, i keep my cover at work, so i can cover the bike up. the cover is also rain proof. I dont have any bags on mine. till a few weeks ago, i had the back rest and the windshield on the bike and the cover had no problem covering all that! I am quite happy with it. It comes with a handy bag with back straps if you ever decide to put the cover away once riding season comes along.

#4 ·
Got my cover at a dealership, ( on sale) for $85.00.
XL Guardian by Dowco.
Works great with lowers, luggage rack and armrests

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#5 ·
Believe it or not, I went to Autozone when I first bought my bike. I had just bought the bike and paid taxes and all that Jazz and thought "I'll just get a cheapie for now, and buy a good one later". Bought a $30, generic "Extra large motorcycle cover". It fits my VN900 (which is actually about the size of a V2K in terms of dimensions, the frames are very similar), along with hard bags, AND a trunk, lowers, and tall windshield just fine. Fits nice and low and snug. I've really been impressed with the quality, it's held up now without any problems for over a year, and I have no reservations about it. Unfortunately I have nowhere to park the bike inside, so it's been out there in snowstorms, thunderstorms, you name it, and held up.

Truly one of those rare 'cheap AND good' combinations.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...cle-cover/_/N-256r?itemIdentifier=318365_0_0_

Comes in a box like that. Picture on the box shows it goofily draped over an electra glide, but it fits over the front and rear wheel even with a big harley tour pak, hard bags and very tall windshield (adjusted all the way up).

-John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.