Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Buffles removed and popping on decel Need Dobeck or Cobra FI2000R

4K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  diamondhill 
#1 ·
I have a Vulcan Custom 900 SE and I need to know which one does a better job.
Any help would be apperciated. Thank you.

#6 ·
Thank you all for the marble ideea. I will try that first but how do you do a search on the subject for the VN900? This is not easy to navigate.
Also, Electronic Jet kit sells the Gen 3 digital box with 6 settings for $250. Does any of you have any input on this compared with Dobeck 4 pot box for $170 on Amazon?
I am asking because I intend to get a K&N air filter or box with a larger filter in the future.

#3 ·
actually you dont even need to marble.... first make sure the idle is set at a minimum of 950rpm, second make sure the throttle cables have the proper amount of slack in them and third when decellerating close throttle all the way... as having the throttle twisted even enough to take up the slack will make it pop...

#11 ·
OK, I did start the engine without the blue plug. I noticed a bit of pressure from the cylinders at the end of the hose and I decided to place a 1/8" hole on the blue plug.
Started the engine and there is a small air exhaust now from the blue plug's hole.
I will ride the bike tomorrow and let you know.

#14 ·
Yes, that hose is in between the air box and an air sensor or solenoid and it T's off from there to the 2 hoses on top of each cylinder. See the link from the above answer from Collinba. And I put that small hole in the plug so the residual mixture will not build up inside the system. Thanks all for your help.
Next thing on my list is the 34 tooth pulley from Cruiser Customizing. $160 shipped.

#15 ·
About marbling, couldn't we just plug the hose, using a marble or anything else that could fit, way further up?
Or just plug where the hose starts getting rid of the hose altogether?
I am thinking about installing an homemade air intake following jeep pirate excellent example and also redirecting the crankcase breather in a proper manner.

#17 ·
Ok, but what is a "yellow wire connector" ?

#21 ·
Ok, thanks Sojourner, I had no idea they were 6 of them!
I thought at least 2, one coming from each cylinder t'ing into one at the air intake.
So I will have a good look under the tank and try identifying them :confused:.

#20 ·
Thanks for this very graphic answer, I can't go wrong with that :)

#23 ·
Ok, thanks, got it!
1 cap for each cylinder hose = 2
+ 1 cap for air intake makes 3
+ 3 caps for solenoid = 6

So to reduce the number of caps to only 2, I could just leave the cylinders hoses connections to the solenoid as they are and just remove the hose from the solenoid to the air intake capping those 2 ends only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.