Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Winter gear

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rick 
#1 ·
Sad about summer almost over.... but thinking about ridding during winter. Is it a good idea ? What equipment and gear should i get ? or should i just put it away til summer ? :confused:

#2 ·
I ride all year long.
If the roads are dry and the temps are above 35F, I take the bike.
The severity of winter in your area will deterimine if you ride.

The gear that made it possible for me was:
Good boots
Half chaps
Lined jacket
Winter gloves
Wind deflectors from national cycle.
I also had a set of lowers on my 900LT.

Scott

#4 ·
I ride all year long.
If the roads are dry and the temps are above 35F, I take the bike.
The severity of winter in your area will deterimine if you ride.

The gear that made it possible for me was:
Good boots
Half chaps
Lined jacket
Winter gloves
Wind deflectors from national cycle.
I also had a set of lowers on my 900LT.

Scott[/QUOTE

ok..... thats right, i hope we have a good winter.. we'll see.. ty

#6 ·
Gerbing makes some great heated gear. I use it during the winter months in the northwest and it adds a good 20 days to my riding season every year. If it ain't raining or freezing I'll ride. Plus I always take it with me on multi-day, multi-state road trips. Sometimes crossing a high elevation mountain pass can get chilly! It's spendy but worth every last penny. Personally I have the jacket liner and G3 gloves....luv'em dearly!

http://gerbing.com/

#7 ·
Keep in mind were your riding. Last year rode to Telico Plains, Tn, about 80 miles from here. Mid 50s here, but hard ice on the Skyway, saw several people that said they started across and turned around. Also if the roads were treated with sand or gravel, may take several weeks or a good rain or two to clear. I have lined blue jeans my GF bought, chaps, a decent leather jacket and thinsilate gloves. I'll ride down into the upper 20s. Here thats pretty much year round, as long as not raining and cold if I can help it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.