Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

South Florida Vulcan Riders

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  frank6087 
#1 · (Edited)
There is a few of us down here. How's about gettin together and doin a Sunday ride. Get outta dodge so to speak, go North and West.

Meet for b/fast and ride, meet than go to b/fast, meet and go for lunch, whatever we can work out, let's just get outta here.

Hit me up or post up some suggestions.

RACNRAY
954-455-9665

#3 ·
Hi.

Sunday AM should work for me. Let me know Ray. Dying to ride the "Bison" on the open roads and play with that new found power and torque. :)

Joel

#4 ·
This sounds like fun. Sundays would be fine with me. I have to agree with soflovaq about the weather down here right now. Ray how's the new tires doing? I need to get some rubber for the rear and don't want the stock bridgestones that die in 5k. Sorry for the off topic guys.

#6 ·
GIMMEE A CALL...I can talk faster than I can type!!

RAY

#5 ·
GOOD DAY for a ride...3 Vaqueros, 1 Nomad, 1 Mean Streak and 3 Hardleys. Good group of guys. Went to Billy Swamp Safari for breakfast. Sorry that most had to get back, but Steve and I headed up to Clewiston via Sugarcane road. He had to split from there, I continued around Lake Okeechobee.

Did 320 miles today and crossed another mileage milestone today, 16 months old TODAY AND 26,000 mls...

Nice and hot today, eneded up at Hollywood Beach to smoke a cigar b4 heading home.

Well do it again!!:)

RACNRAY

#8 ·
I wanted to add that Ray was nice enough to switch bikes with me and all I can say is what a difference Ray's throttle mod makes.
I'm sold. Avon grips with the mod for me. Ray, I'll call you later to set up a time.

I also liked the way the michelins felt. If they last, I'll be going with them when the time comes.

#12 ·
YEP...I sure am. Ridin the Vaquero alot, i've maybe had the Busa out one or two times in the past 3 months!!

RACNRAY

#16 ·
YES...matter of fact we're planning a nice ride this sunday up to sebring for the bike festival. If ur interested call me at work 954-455-9665.

RACNRAY

#17 ·
Sunday ride to Sebring

OK...we have a group meeting 7:30 Sunday morning, leaving NO LATER than 7:45, if you are not there by 7:45 we do not wait.

The meet spot is the truck parking area 1/4 mile north of I-75 ON us 27.
We're gonna take the LONG way to Sebring, round the east side of Lake Okeechobee to Indiantown for breakfast, back to the lake and the long curvy route back to US 27 just south of Lake Placid, then north to Sebring.

Please arrive at the meet spot with a FULL tank of gas as we may not stop for fuel till breakfast.

This is a ride for experienced riders, if you are not comfortable with long distances or a "spirited" pace, we are not your kinda group.

This will be more for the "ride" than the destination, but it's all gonna be good!

For more info call me 954-455-9665

RACNRAY

#19 ·
Was a great ride...took the long way to Sebring which added 50 miles to the boring staright-shot route most take, had breakfast in Indiantown at a restaraunt soflavaq showed me.

sofalvaq, my mechanic Mark on his GSXR1000 and myself rode up. We split up at SR70 AND US27, Mark and I did the Venus ride. We traded skoots, Mark dug the Vaquero, enjoyed the stereo and the cruise control whie I enjoyed the power of a 166 H.P. sportbike. BUT...my right hand started to go numb and my butt started hurting, so i confiscated my skoot and ended my suffering!!

The bike festival in Sebring was ok, we missed the drill team but got to see a 10 y/o boy and his 14 y/o sister ride in the "globe of death" a couple of times, very crazy!!

Hit rain from South Bay back to home, just the drizzle kind so not too bad. Mark and I did just under 400 miles total for the day, was a GREAT day. sept well Sunday nite!!

RACNRAY

#21 ·
I got my vaquero about a month ago.i live in largo fl. And am looking for friends to ride with.i'm retired and that makes any day ok.i've got about 1500 miles on the bike now.wednesday and saterdays i usually go to biffburgers on 49th st.for the bike meet.hope to meet you there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.