Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vote for November BOTM!

Vote for November BOTM!

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  street325 
#1 ·
Hard decisions need to be made, pick your favorite bike!

You can see all this month's bikes in THIS THREAD

#5 ·
Wow this is a tough one. What's cool is, there are a lot of UNIQUE bikes this time around. I said this in the other thread but, anyone can buy parts and slap them on. What's cool is, bikes where guys put something on that wasn't supposed to fit (and made it look like it was), made something new entirely, or spent hours and hours finely installing minute details. Superb machines all of you. There can only be one winner, but I sincerely encourage ALL of you to re-post your bikes next month. It'd be a shame not to have a couple of BOTM winners out of this batch.

#7 ·
well I could have included a bikini pic but i like girls of the larger variety and some would think i should get extra votes for NOT including one !!! lol

#10 ·
In the BOTM thread, I posted a low resolution vid of the LED's at night.

I was asked if I could post a higher resolution one.

So, I took a new one. It's about the same length as the other one, but it's much higher resolution.

And hence, much larger file size.

It gives a pretty good resemblance of what the bike looks like at night.

And you can see why it took me over a month to do the LEDs. I didn't just toss them on.

(click on the image for the new video.)

#11 ·
Rub it in why don't ya?

Haha, looks good Smed! My wife and I stuck on a cheap LED get up on her Shadow, I think we had a balance leftover on an Amazon gift card or something and bought them on a whim. I used to think it looked really cool. Thanks for ruinin' it for me! LOL

#13 · (Edited)
Pixie dust?

It's the same thing (Jay, from AF Customs in Houston) did for my rear fender.

For the side covers, a large portion in the middle was actually cut out.

Where those "flames" are, is actually a large rectangle of fiber glass, with LED's imbedded in it.

The fiberglass is then sanded down so it's the shape of the original cover. The painter then paints over it. The "primer" is thick enough to block out the LED's.

Soo.. you can see how it's done now. Mask out the flames, shoot the primer/base coat. Remove the mask and walla, you have the flames. The painter then painted them with the perl, which is light enough to show the LED's thru it.

Same way the 125ci shows up. As well as my brake/running lights.

Take a really hard look at the rear fender. See right in the middle of the middle flame, where it's looks "redder" then the rest of the tank? That's actually several banks of LED...You don't even see them unless the bike is turned on..Very cool running/brake lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.