Kawasaki offers Test Drive [Archive] - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

: Kawasaki offers Test Drive

mrjava
10-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Kawasaki is offering test drive before you buy.

http://view.email.kawasaki.com/?j=fe8e15787d60047e7c&m=fe9c15707663077f76&ls=fdfd16787467027d71147877&l=fece177075610c7c&s=fe2517767762027b761175&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe6510777d64007e7514&r=0

Big Thump
10-18-2012, 05:56 AM
I think that is good news! I used to be able to demo a bike out years ago but then it just seemed like all the dealers in my area stopped allowing it. I guess liability insurance costs had something to do with it. However, HD and Victory had no problem allowing demos.

Vulcan Hammer
10-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Kawasaki of Canada used to sponsor Test Ride Events, but in my experience they were often "last ditch" attempts to pick up sales at failing dealerships.

Lately only Harley seems to sponsor regular test rides here in Ontario, but they are typically just "once-a-year" events.

I've also noticed that Can-Am occasionally sponsors Spyder test rides. Spyders sell well in Southern Ontario, but then usually go up for sale a year or so after they are purchased. Apparently the thrill of Spyder ownership is short-lived, especially when they take up as much room as a car in your garage...you might as well own a convertible sports car ;)

11NOMAD
10-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Kawasaki of Canada used to sponsor Test Ride Events, but in my experience they were often "last ditch" attempts to pick up sales at failing dealerships.

Lately only Harley seems to sponsor regular test rides here in Ontario, but they are typically just "once-a-year" events.

I've also noticed that Can-Am occasionally sponsors Spyder test rides. Spyders sell well in Southern Ontario, but then usually go up for sale a year or so after they are purchased. Apparently the thrill of Spyder ownership is short-lived, especially when they take up as much room as a car in your garage...you might as well own a convertible sports car ;)

That's what i have always said. I would buy a Miata before i would buy a Spyder.

Vulcan Hammer
10-18-2012, 03:44 PM
That's what i have always said. I would buy a Miata before i would buy a Spyder.

11NOMAD,

You must be very secure in your manhood then ;)

I couldn't allow myself to be seen in anything less than a Honda 2000 Roadster ;)

But seriously, there is a market for Spyders and Trike Conversions....especially for those with injuries or balance problems that prevent them from enjoying the thrill of 2-wheeled biking.

...slow day at work...can you tell?

ScottyJ
10-18-2012, 05:08 PM

I got the email yesterday and when I looked at the nearby dealerships, they listed specific models. Some had...

NINJA® 1000
Concours™ 14 ABS
Vulcan® 1700 Voyager®

others had...

Concours™ 14 ABS
Vulcan® 1700 Vaquero™
Z1000

So maybe sales are down on some of the bigger, pricier Kawis, Idk.

twowheeladdict
10-18-2012, 06:21 PM
My Kawasaki dealer has been doing that since 2010. Of course they do assess whether the would be test rider is an experienced motorcyclist first.

They will let me ride bikes so I can post about them on various forums. Of course they hope I like them. LOL!

11NOMAD
10-20-2012, 09:29 AM
11NOMAD,

You must be very secure in your manhood then ;)

I couldn't allow myself to be seen in anything less than a Honda 2000 Roadster ;)

But seriously, there is a market for Spyders and Trike Conversions....especially for those with injuries or balance problems that prevent them from enjoying the thrill of 2-wheeled biking.

...slow day at work...can you tell?

Yeah Vulcan, I am very secure, thank you. I have actually owned two Miatas at different times in the past. I love to drive & those Miatas were the most fun cars to drive out of the 30 or 40 cars i've owned in my life. They are like driving big go-carts. They are pure sports cars for the poor man. I might own another one in the future when i get too old to hold up this Nomad.

Bubba in TX
10-20-2012, 10:26 AM
But seriously, there is a market for Spyders and Trike Conversions....especially for those with injuries or balance problems that prevent them from enjoying the thrill of 2-wheeled biking.And then there are thousands of us that can handle any motorcycle that LOVE trikes.

I plan on getting a trike kit on the Voyager in a couple years or so because I think it makes the best trike I have ever seen.

And I can ride in the snow no problem again....

Dr.G
10-20-2012, 10:48 AM
And then there are thousands of us that can handle any motorcycle that LOVE trikes.

I plan on getting a trike kit on the Voyager in a couple years or so because I think it makes the best trike I have ever seen.

And I can ride in the snow no problem again....

I agree Bubba. I would get a trike long before I'd have to stop riding. I've had a number of sports cars and they're just not the same in my experience. As for the Voyager trike, my brother (also rides a Voyager) and I looked at them in Sturgis this year. California Side Car conversion. It was BEAUTIFUL! It made the Harley California Side Car conversion look old and outdated. Much better in person than even the pics. That would be my choice.

RACNRAY
10-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Kawi started bringing their Demo Days test rides down to Homestead/Miami speedway a few years back. I took the oppurtunity to test ride a Vaquero back in April 2011 after seeing the Vaquero at the dealership and falling in love with it.

At that time I had my 2000 Busa and a 2009 ZX14, both skoots I absolutely loved. The Busa had a monster engine in it so it was used for the shorter rides, the 14 was my long distance ride. But, due to a left hip that became painful on the longer rides (on either of those skoots) I knew I had to make a change.

I did the test ride on the Vaquero, it was a nicely put together 30 minute ride and I came back saying to myself "I can do this". We work on alot of cruisers here at my shop and have always enjoyed working on them and doing the follow up test rides so I had experienced the difference riding a cruiser offers.

I bought my Vaquero about 2 weeks after that test ride, thanx to that test rde oppurtunity.

My V is officially 18 months old today with over 28,000 miles on it. Thanx Kawi for the test ride and a great time with this skoot!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/RACNRAY/VAQUERO/28.jpg

RACNRAY

Vulcan Hammer
10-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah Vulcan, I am very secure, thank you. I have actually owned two Miatas at different times in the past. I love to drive & those Miatas were the most fun cars to drive out of the 30 or 40 cars i've owned in my life. They are like driving big go-carts. They are pure sports cars for the poor man. I might own another one in the future when i get too old to hold up this Nomad.

You know I jest (I hope!)

I drove a Miata once and enjoyed the handling, but my size would preclude me from the ownership of most roadsters. They are as much fun as the older MGs and Austin Healeys, but vastly more reliable and rust resistant.