Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Rear fender options for bobber when you need to keep the seat struts

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NEvulcan 
#1 ·
I agree the BCB rear fender looks the best, but how about options that keep the stock seat struts so we can ride two up? Can you simply "lower the rear fender by re-drilling the holes? If you do cut the struts, is there a fender that will support say 150lb adult?

Not sure if I'm going to commit full on to a bobber, but seriously thinking about it. Any help appreciated

#2 ·
year of your bike and make model would be helpful

#3 ·
I figured they were all about the same. I'm riding a 2014 classic. I was just thinking if there was a way to lower the rear fender by re-drilling mount holes, then the fender could be reshaped some to get rid of the old holes and maybe shortened.

I'm new to all of this so don't even know if that would work. I know the seat would have to change which is fine. Thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Personal opinion, here but if you're looking to use the any bobber kit they are not really meant ride two up. It can be done but there going to a little more structural work you need to do to support the weight. If i recall correctly the new classics have an internal support under the fender so that might help you out with the support unless it gets in the way of the BCB kit. (see attached image). The stock support might not work with the fender you're planning to use but this should give you an idea of what you'd need underneath for a passenger.

If you really want a passenger on that tiny fender remind them it isn't going to be very comfortable!!

Best of luck to you.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.