Ignition key swap help! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That makes sense.

I spent a little time last night with a stock diagram trying to get a gauge for where things are and how they are set up. Of course, the little wrench in all of it is the junction box and they way Kawasaki set that up.

The red and blue wires are the Tail 1 and Tail 2 wires. This should be the running light on the tail, and blinkers. The bike doesn't have blinkers on it at the moment. I'm going to pull the ignition bundle apart and test contacting wires later today. The ignition itself is all sorted. The bike starts, runs, etc.

It seems like I could set my switches based upon the diagram for the stock switch with regards to what is energized from the battery at any given position.

And yes...reading the diagram in the stock for is a chore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 02:54 AM
Premium Member
BOTM Winner
June 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEvulcan View Post
If you need a fuel tank take a look at some of the Harley peanut tanks or even a regular 5 gal Harley tank. The Vulcan's have a single backbone under the tank which give us flexibility in the tanks we can use. Now that said with either of those you'll have to make some mod's to make them work. Speedo relocation in some cases, welding attachment points to the frame, etc....

Take a look at this VN800 with a peanut tank
That's a pretty cool location for the speedo. Never thought of that. If only my bike didn't have such an informational display....I'd do something like that.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:07 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2000 Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 800
Color: Grey (for now)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkelly View Post
That's a pretty cool location for the speedo. Never thought of that. If only my bike didn't have such an informational display....I'd do something like that.
Well i guess the question for you is do you HAVE to have those displays or are they stuff you can do without. Also depends on the style you're going for. I really like the minimalist look on mine.

Remember the goal of a bobber was to shed weight and go fast... not be safe.

Current stock:
2011 Vulcan Vaquero
2000 Vulcan Classic (800) - Bobber Project
1978 GS750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode