Introducing the NoGlide - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1500
Color: red
Garage
Introducing the NoGlide

Built this a month or so ago. Had an idea and I finally got enough pieces & parts together and got it installed. Custom made neck support and I modified 2015 Road glide crash bar brackets to work with the 2005 fairing and the Kaw crash bar.

Still need to put the turn signals on and get some audio wired in. I am going to run the road glide 5.25 speakers along with some aftermarket gauges where the HD gauges were along with the Valkyrie tour pack speakers, Hopefully it works as well as I am thinking it will.

Don't mind the dirt, Just finished putting it back together and took it for a spin, Really like the headlight, Nice & bright.

i'm going to have my vinyl guy make some road glide script letters that say NoGlide for the front fender.

Just thought i'd share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Few more pics, This bike is really working out for me with all of the additions and it's still a fairly low dollar investment.

I was able to use the stock turn signals by fabricating a small tab that bolts to the lower fairing bracket - I will definitely swap them out for something different but it got me on the road.

I noticed while riding the windshield height is perfect and my hands stay warmer. All in all I really like it. Do the sound system and paint this winter & should be ready to roll in the spring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I was not happy with the headlight adjustment as I was able to aim it but it was leaned back all the way. I cut the nose bracket and leaned it back about 5 degrees. I then had to modify again the crash bar brackets. Now its perfectly aligned with the tank like it should be and the headlight is now centered in it's adjustment.

Ok, Here is the original placement.

Now the 5 degrees back. Tank lines up much better and you can see how the graphic would carry through the tank if I wanted to.

My 2 gauges in the dash - I think a compass & USB charger in the others.

Just because.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 10:19 AM

Location: Crescent City Fl formerly Key West Fl -Formerly Detroit - Formerly Canada
Year/Make/Model: 2012 Vulcan Classic
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Dark Burgundy metal flake
Thumbs up

I'd give you three thumbs up if I could ! That is a beautiful job.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 10:42 AM

Exclamation

looks awesome
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 12:10 AM

Garage
I'm very impressed 👌
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 07:46 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 KAW VN900CGF
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Black/White
Very Kewl Kawasaki
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 12:39 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Thats the only style Harley fairing I like, all others look like add ons, like they were an after thought. Very nice job so far.

2005 800 classic
2012 Voyager ABS
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Living The Dream

Garage
Looks surprisingly great! Prolly the 1st RG fairing I've seen on a kawi. It works! Curious though what ya plan on doing about fairing controls? As the inner fairing dash seems quite far away to reach. Mostly for audio I guess as it sounds like you are just running some gauges. And what year is the fairing?

Loving My Mid-Life Crisis!

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
1991 Harley Electra Glide Classic FLHTC
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Fairing is a 2005 is what I was told when purchased. I have a remote controlled stereo and plan on mounting it on the handlebar or below the spedometer, not sure yet.
I am 6'2" so it is actually not too bad to reach it but will definitely get the remote dialed in. I am working on adding lower fairings at the moment so it will be a little while for the audio.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode