July 2016 Bike Of The Month entry thread! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By dpetrick
  • 3 Post By Vorian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
July 2016 Bike Of The Month entry thread!

Please post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Bike of the Month contest!

To enter your Vulcan, all you need to do is tell us a little about it, and post some photo(s). And don't forget the story behind the bike because that can often turn the trick!

The winner for each round will be chosen by our members' votes! A new voting thread will be created near the end of the month.

Year:
Model:
Eng size:
Pipes:
Seat:
Wheels:
Accessories:
And the story:

As long as you haven't won in the past year you can enter again.

Please post your entries in the active month's thread. That thread will be closed at the end of the month. We'll start a poll with that month's entries and the winner will be named and have their bike featured on the home page.

You must have accumulated 15 posts in order to enter a bike, or to discuss the bikes, or to vote. You will be able to view the bikes, but not discuss them, vote on them, or enter your own until you have accumulated 15 posts. This is the same number of posts that has been required in the past to vote for BOTM.

Please note; You may be disqualified if you 'rally votes' from other members. This can include sending private messages asking for votes, posting new threads asking for forum members to vote for you, etc.

Please be respectful when discussing other members bikes. You may also be disqualified for unsportsman-like comments about other bikes, which can include insults, demeaning comments, or demanding in open forums or PM's that others not vote for them or that they be disqualified. If you have a legitimate concern that someone is not competing fairly and should not be considered for voting, PM a moderator.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please add your bike info to your profile (User CP>top right>edit your details. If mobile,exit enhanced mobile view)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 05:44 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Blue Silver
Year:2005
Model:Nomad
Eng size:1600
Pipes:Stock
Seat:Stock with Airhawk
Wheels:Stock
Accessories:Hitch
And the story: I began riding in 1965 on a Honda 50 and have ridden many bikes over the years all 500 and under. I got a 2009 Vulcan 500 and but 35,000 miles on it before trading up to the Nomad. Wanted a better long haul bike that my wife would be more comfortable on, and the Nomad fits the bill. Looking forward to some nice rides this summer. [IMG]DSCN5426copy by Dave Petrick, on Flickr[/IMG]
Toddster and chench53 like this.

Dave Petrick
Vulcan Nomad 1600
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 11:19 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Vulcan S ABS
Displacement/CC's: 650
Color: Urban City White
Garage
My "Goldilocks" bike

Year: 2016
Model: Vulcan S ABS
Eng size: 649 cc
Pipes: stock
Seat: reduced reach stock seat presently, but a Corbin is on order
Wheels: stock
Accessories: Reduced reach handlebars and foot controls, Gear position indicator; Soft KQR saddlebags and Soft Top Case for the rear, KQR medium windshield, and LED Light Bar.

And the story: This must be my "Goldilocks" bike. My first was small, the second was big, but this one should be just right!

I started riding in 2002 and put over 25K miles on my 2002 Suzuki Savage, a 650cc single thumper named "Special Ed" by my friends. In 2005, I moved to an 1100cc Yamaha VSTAR Silverado, a hefty 639 pounds dry. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm only 4'11". I put over 40K on the VSTAR, but despite seat & handlebar & riser changes, it was still a "Beast" (it's name!) to handle.

I wanted to downsize quite a while, and lo and behold....
The Vulcan S with ABS in Urban City White. It handles nicely in curves and accelerations, and with a curb weight of just under 500 pounds, it is so much easier to handle, and more fun to ride.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vulcan S 2016 06-25 MINE (1).jpg
Views:	196
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	169194  

Peace ~ Love
Ride ~ Then Ride Some More

Last edited by MN-Rider; 07-15-2016 at 12:40 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 01:01 PM
BOTM Winner
July 2016

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan 900 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 903cc V-Twin
Color: Pearl Flat Stardust White/Flat Ebony
Garage
Year: 2013
Model: Vulcan 900 Classic
Eng size: 903cc
Pipes: Stock black pipes from a V900 Custom
Seat: Stock
Wheels: Stock
Accessories:
OEM Kawasaki: Black Speedometer Visor, Black 900 Custom Tachometer, Studded windshield bag, Black 900 Custom Crash bars, Passenger back rest, Luggage rack, Passenger floor boards, Windshield, Windshield Emblem, Light Bar, Windshield Lowers.
Bags: Corbin Beetle Bags with custom 2 tone paint

And the story: Bought it in June of 2013 as a birthday present to myself and have spent the last 3 years turning it into a V900 Nomad. Started with a stock naked 900 classic instead of the 900 LT because I like the blacked out look and the LT had too much chrome. All accessories were then powder coated black before installation. Found a used set of corbin bags last year and finally got around to having them painted to match last month.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0618161547a.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	169338   Click image for larger version

Name:	0618161547.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	169346   Click image for larger version

Name:	0618161547b.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	169354   Click image for larger version

Name:	0528161758a.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	169370   Click image for larger version

Name:	0618161548.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	169378  

2013 Vulcan 900 Classic - Pearl Flat Stardust White/Flat Ebony
Kawasaki Accessories: Black Speedometer Visor, Black 900 Custom Tachometer, Studded windshield bag, Black 900 Custom Crash bars, Passenger back rest, Luggage rack, Passenger floor boards, Windshield, Windshield Emblem, Light Bar, Windshield Lowers.
Bags: Corbin Beetle Bags
Stock Black Exhaust from a 900 Custom

Last edited by MN-Rider; 07-15-2016 at 12:41 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Voting has begun for this month's winner so save any future entries for the August contest once that thread is created.

You can vote for this month's winner IN THIS THREAD *CLICK*

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

Please add your bike info to your profile (User CP>top right>edit your details. If mobile,exit enhanced mobile view)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode