Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

September 2015 BOTM Entry Thread

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MN-Rider 
#1 ·
Please post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Bike of the Month contest!

To enter your Vulcan, all you need to do is tell us a little about it, and post some photo(s). And don't forget the story behind the bike because that can often turn the trick!

The winner for each round will be chosen by our members' votes! A new voting thread will be created near the end of the month.

Year:
Model:
Eng size:
Pipes:
Seat:
Wheels:
Accessories:
And the story:

As long as you haven't won in the past year you can enter again.

Please post your entries in the active month's thread. That thread will be closed at the end of the month. We'll start a poll with that month's entries and the winner will be named and have their bike featured on the home page.

You must have accumulated 15 posts in order to enter a bike, or to discuss the bikes, or to vote. You will be able to view the bikes, but not discuss them, vote on them, or enter your own until you have accumulated 15 posts. This is the same number of posts that has been required in the past to vote for BOTM.

Please note; You may be disqualified if you 'rally votes' from other members. This can include sending private messages asking for votes, posting new threads asking for forum members to vote for you, etc.

Please be respectful when discussing other members bikes. You may also be disqualified for unsportsman-like comments about other bikes, which can include insults, demeaning comments, or demanding in open forums or PM's that others not vote for them or that they be disqualified. If you have a legitimate concern that someone is not competing fairly and should not be considered for voting, PM a moderator

See less See more
#3 ·
OK so last month (August) I entered with my 07 Nomad fully dressed and ready to go anywhere. Did not think I would win, really do love Ol' School‘s trike and trailer,
Congrats ol' school! But I thought I enter so we could have a vote, I like seeing this Bike Of the Month contest. Well this month nobody has entered yet so after a miss-hap in my garage I made some changes to my Nomad and said why not enter again. …So check out the August entrees for before photos, now the story and photos…
I cleaned out my garage over the summer, parked my bike on the left side facing out, on the right wall I had a old ramp I used for loading bikes into my pick up truck. I opened the garage door to find the ramp had fallen onto my bike, hitting the rear seat, hard bag and then pushing the bike into the wall, the handlebars bent, lever broke. So here is what I did and what was already done, chrome fender tips (end caps), headlight bulb upgrade, headlight module, Fairing with stereo, Recurve windshield, 4 speakers AM/FM USB Bluetooth, RAM holder w/GPS, Cell holder/charger, windshield bag w/power plugs. Throttle lock, 12" Handlebars that where bent, got cut added a solid metal rod inside, then a HD pipe outside over the bars, extending then to 13” and bolted it all together, painted the pipe black, it did look badass til I put the fairing back on. Had to replace the Grips again and one lever, I removed the Trunk w/ top rack/backrest and the one off rack. The Corbin Seat was ripped where the ramp hit the passenger seat. So I cut the one piece seat into a solo, left the 3/4" soft top drivers and backrest. I also left on the V and H pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake K and N 9" filters, and Cobra FI Processor. Out back that one saddlebag got hit so hard I had to replace both hinges and the part that holds the door closed. The 3 chrome (more like stain chrome) strips where damaged so I removed them, I also removed the top rails on the bags. Left the side rails on the bags, and the leather covers w/pockets on rear bag guards. I also moved the plate down below the turn signal lights, painted the chrome pieces between the fender and bags black. Nice clean look. Still have the Foot pegs, one off clear lowers on engine guard, lowers on the forks, and Wolo horn. I removed the extra LED rear running lights, pinstriping that was on the rear of the bags. I can still remove the faring and the stock windshield can be used, the one off lowers can be removed and replaced with soft lowers or leave them off altogether. Well there you have it….glad I cleaned out my garage now I have room for all the parts I took off my bike, lol. Hope you like it, it is less then before but does handle better without all those things I removed….Oh, and never clean out your garage, before I did there was no way that ramp could have hit my bike, hell you could not even see past the bike or the right side of the garage.

#5 ·
Thank you ol' school. I am thinking about putting a windshield bag behind the seat for now, But working on making a hardbag, very low, no higher then the backrest folded down, which will be part of the fender, wide to fit bag to bag and follow the fender lines. I am using fiberglass and it may take same time before I get it to all look one piece and flow with the lines. Funds are a little on the low side but labor (mine) is free and winter is coming. Ride safe.

#7 · (Edited)
Can't let him run uncontested can we? I don't expect to be much competition, just thought I would put a 2nd bike in the running. I even included a Rainbow for luck! LOL

Here's my 2008 LT with some stuff! Latest modification? I moved the volume control knob to the bezel on the tank. Woohoo!

Future mods this winter include PYO 12" apes (internal wiring) with braided stainless extended cables and hoses.

Nice looking Nomad, MJ! (Good Luck!) My buddy has one same color scheme as mine.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.