Jasper national park-my bike and lee sure lite trailer in august 2016 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Jasper national park-my bike and lee sure lite trailer in august 2016

What a riding season so far it has been. I love going to Jasper Park so awesome there and the roads are decent to ride on. The people from all over the world you meet are just make it even more enjoyable that you meet there.

This video shows the park, my bike 1700 Vulcan Nomad 2009 and my Lees ure lite tent trailer.

Enjoy any questions message me.

Watch on You Tube Below copy and paste or click on link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njc8K2Y7dt0

Last edited by buckey1313; 08-21-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: placed url in wrong place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 09:40 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2008/Kawasaki/Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Gold over White
Garage
Great video. Makes me want to get a trailer hitch for my bike.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
you can

Lees ure Lite ships all over the world. This one I have is pretty well decked out with everything you can order that is reasonable to have with a bike. Swivel Hitch, Matress, Front and underneath Pods, Awning, Wide Tire Upgrade, inside Storage Pockets.

It runs about $6500.00 bucks set up like mine. Once moving you hardly know you have the trailer behind you. You notice it on the powerband when starting out and braking. My bike I have never complained about wind I have never felt the wind at all and with trailer this is true also.

You will also need a trailer hitch of coarse and I would not go with out the trailer wiring relay on any new car or bike it is a must. It isolates the current draw to the battery only and is fused. To set bike up for towing it is about a $500.00 bill really by time you get all hardware needed including plug and get a six way plug that way you have a power wire for charging.

Go to their website for more information.

Lightweight Pop-Up Tent Trailors | Pop Up Tent Trailers | Small Car Tent Trailors

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 11:30 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2008 kawasaki nomad
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: blue/silver
A very informative video. Learned a lot about the camping aspect and you also touched on a few questions I had about my Nomad. You seem to be well set up. Thank you.
Tom
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckM View Post
Great video. Makes me want to get a trailer hitch for my bike.
One of my favorite upgrades on my bike. I'm a little lower tech than the OP; just a cargo trailer and a tent (works fine for me). But man it is nice to have that much storage.

Like OP I really don't notice it, except braking and acceleration. The bike is a little sluggish in both. But cornering, etc., you really can't tell it's there. My Vaquero has no problem even making a hard stop, just takes a bit more pressure on the controls.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I agree totally with you Roman you really do not notice a trailer behind you just have to be aware of width of trailer, yes braking is a little harder and have to check the brakes more often for faster wear. Yep a little sluggish also but once moving just like nothing is there really in cornering or most other aspects while on the move. I keep a safe distance for panic stops more with the trailer on.

I love it and I love this style of tent trailer all the others are much more complicated to set up and take more time. I am a happy camper with bike and trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode