Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

road trip

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MVA-Voyager 
#1 ·
Going on a short jaunt in late july,going down the coast from pa to va acroos the Chesapeake bridge,stopping at a couple naval yards to see some ships then down thur nagshead,staying there a couple days then taking the ferry across to the mainland then take a ride to see the north Carolina battleship.up to ride the tail and then the blue ridge back home to ny.Anybody know of some other nice stops along this rout that we should take in?We usually just stop at whatever catches our eye.We would like to hook up with a couple other riders to go part way or even ride with us.Just 2 couples right now going the whole trip but maybe one more couple if they can get the time off.

#2 ·
Its always fun to hit a couple of light houses on the outerbanks as we call it.cape Hatteras light house a lot of history even when it was just moved couple of years back, and maybe check out Duck NC just north of Hatteras on hwy 12, visit and see wild horses walking along the beach and make sure when your eyeballing the USS Wilminton from shore visit Kilwins Ice Cream shoppe and get chocolate with peanut butter my fav. ( this is downtown Market st. ) walk down to the water and eat it and enjoy

#3 ·
If moonshiner 28, rt28 isnt too far out of your way in NC, should tak in part of it, it leads to the Dragon by tge way. Near Highland, NC are Dry Falls. and Bridal Veil Falls, also on 28. You can ride behind Bridal Veil and get pix through tge falls, usually light water flow, Dry Falls, you have to park and take walkway down behind the falls. Cherohala Skyway should also be on list while doing the Dragon, only a few miles apart. Pigeon Forge is a tourist town, traffic is heavy during the day but lightens up after dark some. A ride over the Smokies from there to Cherokee where you can get on the BRP. All great riding in the area. Update when you'll be in the area, and I may meetup along the way, if I'm not heading north at the time. Take my vacation to Ohio, Pa., and Indiana about that time myself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
When you cross the Chesapeake Bridge, stop on the Norfolk side in the little rest area there. The restaurant has good food (I think I had soup and sandwich - I don't remember, but I do remember thinking - Wow! This is the best rest area food I've had!

If you are so inclined and like stickers to commemorate your mc rides, they also have nice little Bay Bridge stickers as well. Its a nice ride I knocked off my bucket list a couple years ago . . . 17 miles from shore to shore . . .

#5 ·
Thanks guys,all good ideas.Sounds like we are going to spend a couple days around Hatteras and Nagshead,checking out the Wrights brothers mem and some lighthouses.We will post pics and updates as we travel,hopefully we can meet up with a few of you guys and ride a bit together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.