Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vulcan VN750 is best Vulcan!

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Grits 
#1 · (Edited)
  1. Quickest Vulcan save for the V2K
  2. Inexpensive to buy, insure, and ride
  3. Shaft drive, 'nuff said
  4. Center-stand and tubeless tires
  5. Top mounted speedo, odo, tach, temp guages, full instrument cluster with fuel gauge
  6. An engine so high tech it was clearly brought back from the future
  7. Was created in so perfect an image, Kawasaki make almost no changes in 20+ years
  8. Kawasaki had to stop making them in '06 to give other models a fighting chance
  9. Clearly, the VN750 sub-forum is a highly exclusive club
  10. I don't need a 10th reason when the other 9 are unassailable

0:)

#9 ·
So where do you have mountains like that in S Central PA?

I've had 4 of those I've fixed up and sold. Nice bike but I'm sticking with my 900 for now, maybe a meanie or Vaquero next.

#3 ·
I wouldn't go that far, although it is a nice bike. I've owned 3 different Vulcans, including the 750, and currently have a 900. As far as point #1, just not true. My 900 smoked my 750.
#2 - I would agree
#3 - To each their own
#4 - I'm not a fan of center stands but I agree on the tubeless tires
#5 - Yes, those were nice, especially the tach
#6 - Meh
#7 - Or was that lack of desire to change anything? I'm leaning towards an "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality myself.
#8 - I wouldn't go that far, as some would say the same thing about the VN800's
#9 - Some would say the same thing about the other sub-forums.

Don't get me wrong. I loved my 750 when I had it. I loved my 800 when I had it. I love my 900 now. If and when I ever get a 2000 I'll love that too. There's not a Vulcan I haven't liked that I have ridden. That, to me, speaks volumes.

#4 ·
Interesting perspective.

I'm not sure you've had any experience with other Vulcans. There are other, much faster Vulcans. The Meanstreak, the 1600 and 1700 line, the 900; really.. most of the Vulcan line is quicker than the 750.

The gauge cluster is cool though. I've always liked bar or fairing mounted gauges. But nobody has the Vaquero beat in gauge styling.

To be clear, no manufacturer kills a successful product to give "others a chance". If they have a winner, they'll sell it. Like the V2K, which also has a cult following, it just wasn't a good seller. Especially by 2006 when fuel injection was really taking the market by storm.

Also struggling with the "futuristic" engine concept. Kawasaki makes great overhead cam V-Twins but they've had a number of innovations to that model since the 750.

The 750 is a great bike, though. Really the last of the UJM/Cruiser blend bikes.

You'll have a hard time beating THAT dash though :) (took that shot a couple days after I picked up my Vaquero).

#5 ·
Interesting perspective.

To be clear, no manufacturer kills a successful product to give "others a chance". If they have a winner, they'll sell it. Like the V2K, which also has a cult following, it just wasn't a good seller. Especially by 2006 when fuel injection was really taking the market by storm.
That blows my mind that it wasn't a good seller. They are such kick ass bikes. I will own one, one day.

#6 · (Edited)
This was all tongue-in-cheek of course, but the numbers I have are:

V2K: 12.15/106.7
1600 Classic 13.65/94.3
1500 Mean Streak 13.76/95.6
1700 Vaquero 13.83/87.1
VN750 13.98/93.1
800A 14.00/93.6
900 Custom: 14.19 sec/89.5
800 Classic 14.34/89.9
1500 Drifter 14.56/88.9
800 Drifter 14.56/88.9
1500 Classic FI 14.98/88.7
1500 Classic (carb) 15.03/85.3
1500 Nomad FI 15.49/88.1

Not too shabby, the 750 is the little engine that could :)

That is a nice looking dash though!

#10 · (Edited)
Lol! Nice, I should have thought of that line :doh:

...So where do you have mountains like that in S Central PA?....
Huntington county has some pretty nice peaks and valleys if you want a pretty picture :grin2:

Not sure exactly were that promo shot was taken, but it's definitely more arid than PA is :)

You had a beauty of a 750 you posted on the VN750 forums, you should throw a picture up here. The blue one with the mustang seat, floor boards, and windshield...

#14 ·
The Windshield is a National Plexi II, they are still available. The factory floorboards are very rare, I've only seen one other on the forum have them, and no they're not made anymore. Same as the luggage rack, but at least these come up used on ebay every so often. Also Mustang doesn't make this seat anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.