Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vulcan Down send backup!

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Kilroy_Here 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the site and just got my first Kawasaki this week. Came over from the Honda side of the house. I've been riding for about 2 years now and finally stepped up to a nice bike I can sink some money into. Right now my new Vulcan 1600 isn't turning over and forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds but I'd like to get this resolved before it's too cold to ride her. I've included the problem below. Look forward to working with you guys.

Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Just bought it but it wont start. I figured the battery was shot but just to get it running I tried jumping the battery off a car. No luck at all same thing it turns over a couple of times and proceeds to click after that. Pulled the plugs on the bike out and took off the gas tank and emptied it out. Gas was bad and all 4 plugs were fouled out. But without the plugs in it turns over really well. Going to pick up new plugs tomorrow and put new gas in but I doubt that will solve my turning over problem. Also I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not but the headlight doesn't come on. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

#4 · (Edited)
I wouldn't be jumping off a car or truck if I were you or if it were my bike. Just saying........... You might toast or burn some things up.

Headlight doesn't come on until it is running. Make sure your fuel tap is in the right position for starting and running, get a good fully charged battery in it and when you get it running make sure you add some Seafoam to the tank according to directions to clean out your fuel system really well. If that doesn't work post up again. Sounds like you are on the right track.

#6 · (Edited)
Where on the bike is the fuel tap located. I've checked all over it seems and haven't found one.
The valve that turns and meters the fuel from your tank to your carb or throttle body. It's on the left underside of the tank. Some call it a petcock and others like me call it a fuel tap.

Here's a link to show you an exploded view:

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/cycleparts/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=kawasakimc&A=245&B=31

Use this link to find OEM parts and references for your particular model:

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/cycleparts/showmodel.asp

#7 · (Edited)
Check your fuel tap, fuel lines and vacuum lines to ensure they are not clogged or blocked. Check your inline fuel filter if the PO put one in place to see if it is clogged or blocked. Also try removing the airbox/intake filter assembly to see if all is working the way it should with that and with your throttle body and FI's. If they are check your fuel pump. Post up again if you need more help.

Here's a link for a generic FI:

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/cycleparts/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=kawasakimc&A=245&B=29

#10 · (Edited)
Still no luck

Finally got a new battery yesterday. Got the acid put in and charged it overnight. Threw it in today and now she won't even roll over just clicks like there's a bad connection or the battery's dead. Checked all the ground cables and all the connections that I could think of and nothing she still just clicks. pulled a plug and tried to spark it on the frame and got just clicks again no spark. i'm stumped on this one Any advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.