Hello from SE Michigan - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Hello from SE Michigan

For a few months I have been tossing around the idea of owing a bobber. I like my VTX 1300S the way it is so this project would have to be a different bike. I have been looking Blue Collar Bobbers and I decided that I liked the softail look. This is the hardtail look with a hidden rear shock. There is one Honda but it is a 600 so I decided against it because it is too small. There were a couple of Yamaha's (600 and 1100) but I do not care for Yamaha's for a couple of reasons. The slight whine they make during acceleration is one of them. There were also a couple of Suzuki's but not a big fan of the Boulevard or the Volusia either. This left me with the Kawasaki Vulcan in an 800 or 900. The 900 replaced the 800 in 2006 so those were out due to budget constraints. So a Vulcan 800 is what I started looking for. These were made from 1995 until 2006 so I was looking for an early model.

I have found a 1996 about 4 hours away and have struck a deal with he guy for $900. It is partially disassembled and needs some TLC as he put it. It isn't running right now so I need to rent a trailer. I am planning to pick it up next weekend. This should be fun. I can't wait to be a Vulcan owner and get to know some of the good folks on this forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Top Contributor
Welcome from TX,

good luck on your project, post some pictures on how the build is going when you get started
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Welcome! If you do get the bike, start a project thread in the Bobber forum and keep us up to date.

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

Click here for help with posting pics on this site
Click here for tutorial on pic posting with Photobucket
Forum rules
Please add your bike info to your profile (User CP)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Howdy Chykal.

It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Nice to meet ya I myself am looking to start up a bobber project with a 900 or a sportster ( I know, I know it's not a kaw).

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

'97 vulcan 1500 classic carb
vance and hines straight shots
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I can hardly wait to go look at, and possibly bring home, the project bike this Sunday. I plan to start a project thread with lots of pictures. I will also be open to suggestions from all of you.

Sent from my Xoom using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode