New Guy in Forum - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

New Guy in Forum

Greetings from sunny/tropical Michigan!! Not. Glad to be a part of such an elite group of riders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

I have a question. What brand of motorcycle lifts would work best for the Vulcan 1500?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 01:03 PM

Hello everyone.New to this so please bear with me.I recently bought a big red lift from Northern tools.It can lift 15000 lbs.Great lift!!!!!
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 02:03 PM

I have heard that the lift harbor freight offers works surprisingly well if you change out the front wheel support. They say you can get it on sale every now and then for 350, and almost all the reviews online seem quite positive. I've heard on other forums other guys trying them and liking them. Don't have one myself but I'm highly considering it.

Sent from my M865 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

I purchased a lift from Harbor Freight awhile back (the yellow colored one) but the oil pan hangs down lower than the frame, so I couldn't use it. I sure didn't want to try and lift it and ruin the oil pan. Any suggestions?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 02:21 PM

the one I'm talking about is a full surface, not a Jack. You ride onto it, secure the front wheel into the tire chock ( that's what most people replace on that lift) and Jack the entire bike up. Only part of the bike that hits the lift is the tires. I don't know how to fix that with the oil pan and the motorcycle Jack, If it doesn't work on the frame you'd be looking at trouble trying to support the whole bike on the oil pan. I was thinking the full bike lift because I also have 2 squids (rockets) you can't use a Jack on without removing fairings. I'd suggest on your end trying to find a supporting mate for the Jack that will clear the pan and hit the frame.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. The reason I would want to lift the bike is to ease the job of scrubbing the tires and rims. I need to get the rubber in the air to spin the wheels freely.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM

Actually, for about 30 dollars harborfreight has a wheel tool that you can spin the wheel freely without it being in air. Check it out its a "motorcycle wheel cleaning stand" item 98800. I have one and love it.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

I actually saw that item and was intrigued with it until I read a couple of reviews that said it couldn't handle heavy bikes. My Nomad weighs in at 750 lbs. dry. Can that tire cleaner deal with the heavy rear?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 PM

I have my classic 800 an r6 and rc51. Works fine on those. Not sure about a bigger bike. Im pleased with my purchase of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode