Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Hello from SW Pennsylvania

677 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Buskman 
#1 ·
Hi there, just joined today, hoping to gain a lot of information and share what I have with everybody in the forums. I'm an avid off road and on road rider with a lot of wrench experience. I'll mostly be able to help with mechanical and some electrical aspects. I will need LOTS of help as far as esthetics and body work go! I have a couple bikes in the garage.

05' Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
Exhaust, intake, PC3

04' Kawasaki 636
Exhaust,PC5

93' Honda CBR900RR
Aerocharger Turbo, Mr. Turbo intake plenum, street tuned, fully built motor, 12psi

02' KX250/ 91' KX500 motor hybrid

03' KX250

12' KX250F

01' KX125/KDX220 Hybrid (still building)

04' KDX220

97' KDX200

01' KX100

10' KFX450R

12' TERYX 4

See less See more
#3 ·
Glad you're here, Shoemaker757!

We can always use another rider with experience wrenching...

Thanks, in advance, my friend!

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum. I have family in your area, kinda. They're in the Monogehela, Pa., are and East Liverpool, Ohio, area. I get back there each year to visit. Quite a list of bikes there, you have a favorite for street riding?

#9 ·
That's awesome Rick, I live right across the river from monongahela! I use to prefer the 636, but having a CDL and her not liking the passenger seat, I decided to buy the Vulcan bout 3 years ago. I love my v2k, but it definitely needs longer gears. Such a torque monster, but such short gearing. I can't remember the last time I pulled out in first gear. I'd also like to add a batwing fairing with radio, hard bags, and I think I'm going to either notch, rake, and weld in gussets in the frame neck, or try to find a race triple clamp. I'd love to have a vaquero or voyager but the price tag scares me!

#10 ·
"A couple" he says. LOL

I'm in Northern Virginia, so not too far from you. Do you ever make it down into the mountains of western Virginia? I've been meaning to make a trip up to Gettysburg sometime. Might get around to doing that ride this summer. So many places to ride, so little time to do so.

#11 ·
I think last year I worked 331 days. Needless to say I don't get to ride as much as I like. However I do plan in taking 3 days off and doing a little loop up to Niagara, come back in by Michigan, and then shoot back home. I would also like to run down to Virginia Beach and take a different route home. I'm always up to meet new people if you ever come up or I get the chance to come down!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.