Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

first bike

526 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rinehara 
#1 ·
Well I did it. I finally bought a bike. Its a 2000 vulcan 800. I am very new to the bike world moving over from the car scene. Finished restoring for 1965 mustang and needed a new toy. The only thing I need now is to replace the sprockets and chain then I am riding.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. That is a good bike to learn on. My first was a 99 vulcan 800 that I rode for a few years. This year I wanted something bigger, so 2 weeks ago I picked up an 03 vulcan 1600. I was able to make the switch with no issues after learning on an 800. I think you will be very happy with the bike, and welcome to our group!!

#4 ·
Welcome,

Hopefully your up and riding soon! Im in the same boat waiting to finish my vulcan before I can actually ride it. From what I read on here, neither one of us will be disappointed with the vulcans. On a side note, wonderful choice with 4 wheels as well. Any plans to modify your vulcan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.