Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2011 Nomad Overstock

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Dantheman 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a 2011 overstock Nomad, what should I expect to pay for this bike, I'm calling them Tuesday to negotiate a price. Just wondering from the experts on this forum. Thanks

Dan

#2 ·
Wow 2011 I'm assuming by overstock you mean new with no miles. What are they pricing it at? is it marked down at all? If it is new it should still come with factory warranty. Has it been on the showroom floor all this time. Or in the back room still in the crate. There's a lot of questions I would need answers to but if the money is right wth

#3 ·
Hi Dantheman, another Dan here.

I bought a new leftover 2011 last October. I wanted a Nomad, and I was deciding between 2013 and 2011 based on the colors I liked. I found mine at a dealer on Cycle trader. He was asking $11,799. I offered 10,500 out the door. He countered with 11 out the door. It became clear to me that he wouldn't go lower, so I had to decide. I bit, because I wanted the bike. There was a 1 year warranty and I extended based on fears about how long the bike sat after manufacturing. Others have said that isn't an issue, but I wanted to be safe, knowing I would keep the bike.

Some would say I paid too much, as you might find newer vaqueros for the same price. I've seen lower prices by a fee hundred for new 1700 nomads. But I wanted the bike. I was also looking at the Road King, and in my view I got an "equivalent" bike to the Road King I would have purchased (better in some ways, worse in others) for $8000 less. ? I have no regrets. I love the bike.

Happy and safe riding,
Dan

#4 ·
Dan I saw your review on the boards, you're the reason I decided to go with the 2011. I just need to get them down to the right price. There asking 10k, I will counter with 9k out the door and see if we can work from there. Hoping to be able to get this bike. It will be my 50th birthday present, I turn 50 next week and I've always loved the Nomads! Safe riding brother!

Dan

#6 ·
The 2011 Nomad listed for $15,499. Of course it's worth whatever the market will bear, but getting a brand new 2011 for under 10k would be a steal in my opinion. The only issue is that the bike is worth less than it should be as soon as you leave with it because the book on a 2011 is only $8695. Buyers will look at that if you sell it.

I think the right view if you KNOW you're planning to keep the bike is that the year (2011) is just a number. It's a new 1700 Nomad. I'm sure I'll keep mine for a long time, so resale didn't much matter to me. I still feel like I pair $4500 less than list, and $8000 less than the equivalent Harley.

Less than 10k for this bike new is a steal.

#5 ·
There are a lot of questions that I need to ask, they have pictures of it I would really like to know how long it's been sitting on the showroom floor. Black and Silver are the colors. Only problem is its 300 miles north of me I would have to trailer it back. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Dan

#11 ·
Dantheman, what were you riding before? Have you ridden the Nomad? It's heavy. Not trivial to role it ariund the garage. But once your rolling, it rides like a dream.

#12 ·
I have been riding a 2006 Vulcan 1500 Classic, I had it dressed out almost like a Nomad. Sold it back in 2011, I have two daughters that were headed to college so I sold it. There just about out and now it's my time, always have loved the Nomad.

#14 ·
The 2011 is actually a dark blue and silver. It looks black most of the time but in the sun it really pops! Congrats on your purchase. I love mine. First thing I did was have them loosen the belt to lower end of specs. Got rid of that blasted whine.

#16 · (Edited)
Congrats on you new Nad !!!

I followed my 05 1600 Classic on Clist for a couple months watching the asking price go down.
Called the guy and arranged a meet up, rented a Uhaul trailer for 30 bucks on a Saturday and went to work a deal. Stopped at Wallyworld to get a 4 pack of straps for 25 and brought her home same day.
Nothing like showing up with a trailer and cash for the negotiation process!!!
Book value at the time was close to 5k, got her with Tax and transfer for 3600 with 4175 miles on her, great bike and very happy !!!

Ride on !!!

Luckymann77

#17 ·
Picked up my 2012 Nomad 4 months ago with 1700 miles for approx USD 10,000. Now has 5000 miles & still playing with the Dobeck & chucksters air kit. Great bike you will enjoy- ride often & safe!

#18 ·
Congrats on the new bike and killer deal. I missed out on an 09 all black nomad the day I bought my LT. It was on CL, for $5k, and only had 6k miles. Guy was getting older and couldn't move her around. By the time I had the funds she was sold. Still kinda wish I had the hard bags. I don't know what the weather is there in the land of MO currently, but if it was good, and it were me, 300 miles home is a great celebratory ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.