Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Anybody in indiana?

453 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Helen 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm all new to this and don't even own a bike yet. I'm looking for a group around Indiana that I can hopefully make some friends with and learn from.

#3 ·
I was looking at sport bikes first. But I think I'd be more comfortable on a cruiser for longer riding. The one I looked at the other day was the Kawasaki Vulcan, that's why I came to this forum to see about feedback from others. For a first bike I'd really like to know if it would be okay or too much.

#4 ·
What size of Vulcan are you looking at?
My personal advice, if this is your fist bike, you should look at a Honda Rebel these are fantastic starter bikes.
Have you taken the ABATE class? You REALLY should if you have not yet

What part of Indiana are you in??
I am just South of Indianapolis

#5 ·
I agree with Indy Vulcan. The skills learned on a smaller, lighter bike are transferable to a bigger, faster bike but you'll manage the errors better on a smaller bike while you learn.
Think hard about what you're contemplating; motorcycling can be ADDICTING and most addicts never recover. There is no 12-Step program for motorcycling. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.