Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

2000 Vulcan 800 Carburetor not getting fuel

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  eGo 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm working on my dads 2000 Vulcan 800. Bike is stock with 10k miles.Had it in storage for 2 yrs. Ran great when parked. Upon removing from storage, bike doesn't start. Has spark, but no fuel to carb. I removed old gas and cleaned tank. Also removed, dismantled and cleaned carburetor. After putting in fresh gas and charging battery, there is NO gas entering the carburetor. There is gas all the way to the carb but not in carb. Completely cleaned entire carb. All parts in great condition. What could the problem be??? Diaphrams are good with no holes, rot or tears. Where the fuel line connects to carb, there us a grey plastic fitting that cannot be removed and i suspect that might be where the problem is, but not sure. What that problem might be, i don't know. But it is at this location that seems to not be letting fuel enter carb. The bike fires right up with some starting fluid, but carb remains dry??? Blew air through lines, jets and hoses and everything seems clear. Where could there be blockage or something not pumping, i don't know. WTF. I can feel my hair falling out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

#4 ·
Welcome from Southern MD!!!

So, if you disconnect the fuel line from the carb and open the petcock, gas flows freely? Can you post a picture of the gray part your talking about? Have you tried blowing air through this orifice? I'm not familiar with the carb on the 800s, but I am familiar with carbs in general. I'll help as much as possible.

eGo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.