Fuel shut off valve - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Premium Member
Totally agree off word have been a good idea and also see on being off ironically... guess its once you know it kind of thing definitely going to add fuel filter and maybe hyper charger along with new seat and forward control extension courtesy of Timb4302
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Premium Member
Man I hate auto correct
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
I think I will pick up a fuel filter with an on off valve, that will help keep crap out of my carb and allow me to run the carb dry for winter storage. Thank you for the great suggestion.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by scotty2 View Post
How do you guys drain your carbs for winter storage when there is no off on the fuel shut off valve?
I don't drain the carb for winter storage. I fill the tank with fresh gas add about a half a can of seafoam and then take it out for an 8-10 mile ride to
circulate the stabilized fuel thru the carb.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Change oil / filter. Drain / flush / refill coolant. Add Sta-Bil to a full tank...drain the carb bowl..remove plugs and add a squirt of storage spray- turn engine over with plugs grounded against the cylinders..replace plugs. Remove battery and / or connect to battery tender. I disconnect the fuel line just in case the petcock goes bad...I wrap a blanket round the motor...cover the bike and kiss it goodnight til April.........

1996 VN 800 Classic
Memphis Fats
MAC Fat Stakkers
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Winter Storage

After the full tank with Seafoam/Stabil routine. I plug the tailpipe to keep critters from making a home, filling your exhaust with insulation crap to keep them warm. Install the battery tender, cover and let the bike sleep till late March. Ride smart and ride safe always.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode