Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vulcan 800 Forward Control Templates

22K views 61 replies 22 participants last post by  ONyX57 
#1 ·
I tried to set these templates up the best I can as many people have been asking about how to make forward controls. These with minimal work you should be able to set up 3-6" forward and 0-1"up. If you are interested in the actual pdf that should print out very close to scale. hit me with an email at timb4302@gmail.com. I will be happy to email them to you, the file is too large to post here.

Have a great day everyone.

See less See more
#8 ·
3" and 1" up & out

i just emailed you about the pdf , but noticed on your other post that you went 3" out and 1" up & out....are you just using spacers to go out? or? I'm thinking that might be about right as i have kinda short legs as well 30-32 inseam depending on the pant. lol. and i'd love to do this mod , as this is my first bike and it just feels like not enough leg room , went for the first lil tour today and it was good , but i think the forward controls would vastly improve the comfort.

#18 ·
Getting a set of these made up. Could someone explain more what needs to be done with all the brake controls. Will I need a new cable to fit the 4" stretch also? Also having the shift linkage spun up on a lathe. Just add 4” of length over the stock length?

Brake cable does not need to be longer. You make the 4 inch doggone shown in the diagrams. You cut the brake cable bracket off of your old controls and weld to your new extension. As for the shift linkage, yes just 4 inches longer. Whomever is spinning it on the lathe, make sure they know that one end has left hand threads and one has right hand.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#29 ·
Does this modification work on the vn800a as well as the b? I assume it works due to the fact that the part numbers from a to b are the same in the Kawasaki Microfiche for the same years but thought I should ask just the same. I hope it works because I would love to do this modification to our bike. Oh and I wanted to ask jwezesa what was the material you used to make up the linkage rod? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.