Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vulcan 800 Forward Control Templates

22K views 61 replies 22 participants last post by  ONyX57 
#1 ·
I tried to set these templates up the best I can as many people have been asking about how to make forward controls. These with minimal work you should be able to set up 3-6" forward and 0-1"up. If you are interested in the actual pdf that should print out very close to scale. hit me with an email at timb4302@gmail.com. I will be happy to email them to you, the file is too large to post here.

Have a great day everyone.

See less See more
#34 ·
Yeah, I tried that on some of the measurements but this will end up in a lot of decimals. Take the overall length for the brake side. It is 11 13/16", this is 297,0375mm. This is no big deal on this measurement, it can easily be 290mm och 300mm.
But on the holes that is 7/16. This will get a holediameter ø of 11,1125mm. And that kind of drill do not exist in the metric system (I think).

But maybe it´s not that precise and I can just go for the nearest whole mm. Ex. 11,1125 will then be 11mm.

#35 ·
The tolerances on those diagrams are not critical, it will be ok to round the numbers slightly, jus make sure your centers for the mounting holes line up. The holes that your bolts go through check the diameter of the existing bolts on the bike that you will be using. And drill the size accordingly. Good luck and share your pictures when they are completed

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#41 ·
Pdf??

Does anyone have a copy of the .pdf file for these templates? I emailed Timb4302 a while back but haven't received any replies. If ANYONE still has the ,pdf file and could email it to me I would GREATLY appreciate it! My email is thedoomcrewinc@gmail.com.
Thanks again!!!!

#49 ·
I can definitely relate to them hours Tim, luckily my old factory got bought out and they offered me a Supervisor position so I have a fixed schedule now. Just got a "new to us" 5 axis cnc so I may find some free time this week and make a set of 6" extensions based on the 5" set you made for me. Hope you and yours are doing well, I know this winter up there has been a memorable one to say the least.

#48 ·
I got the reply. Thanks again Tim. I can't wait for the weather to clear up enough to start on them.

#50 ·
I can almost imagine what Ohio has been like this winter, as Virginia has gotten hammered with cold and snow. On the plus side, I saw the weather report for Monday and Tuesday and it looks to be in the 60s. Luckily I'm off work those days and I will definitely be getting the bike out!

#52 ·
Anyone know where I can find an extended shift rod? Or who could make one? I want 3" extension length, but can't find any extensions or extended rods anywhere online. I would rather not cut mine just in case I screw up. I am famous for that lol

#58 ·
I have not heard from him on here in about 5 years. Last I talked to him he had bought a Harley and was about to relocate on the other side of the country, from Ohio to Arizona, lost contact with him after that.He did share the design with several others though and they may be able to help you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.