Batwing Recommendation? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Batwing Recommendation?

I am looking for a windshield replacement that ideally would also have the easy detachment feature. I would like to try out the batwing setup based on several recommendations from fellow riders. Anyone have something like this on their bike? The more I look the more confused I get.

I have a 1999 Vulcan800B.

1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
Dropped at least once
Rust just about everywhere
Left side signals not working
Er, runs
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator
Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
It looks like the Memphis Shades batwing is available for your bike. That's really a favorite around here. Cheap, looks good, quick-detachable, keeps the wind off. It's just a plastic windshield that has been 'stretched' into a batwing shape. I don't know that I've ever read of a complain from one on the forums. It's available for just about every bike and everyone seems to like them. It'll run ya $250 for the windshield plus around $150 for the quick-release mounting hardware for your bike. That combined price is much less than the price of just the outer shell of a fiberglass batwing, which would still require brackets, an inner fairing, etc.!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode