Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Seat issues

982 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  chazz 
#1 ·
Is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to get the stock seat to go back on. The screw on the back won't screw in but it will when I take the seat off.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Is it and 800A or the 800 Classic? Stock seat? Should be a tongue in the front of the seat that slips under a tab by the tank. Then there is the horizontal bar that is attached to the fender that the seat clips into. Then the bolt should just slip through the metal tongue on the rear of the seat and thread into the fender.

#6 ·
Yes, like I said before. REMOVE the plastic. This will allow you to move the seat slightly forward so the bolt will go in. Did you remove the seat? Why? Did the fender get moved? Are you slipping the front seat tongue into the receiver? It's quite simple. You need to describe more detail. The bolt should easily slip through the hole in the rear tab and then thread into the fender. Is it just not lining up? Slam the seat forward with your fist if you need to.

#9 ·
Seat Install

The trick that works for me is to just get the tab under the tank as little as possible then push seat down towards frame and slide it forward until the bolt hole is lined up. What usually happens is you get the seat too far forward and not down enough causing it two hooks to ride up on top of the bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.