Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Fuel Tank for Sale

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Tourer 
#1 ·
Hello, my Vulcan 500 came with a Vulcan 800 fuel tank installed, but I've found a replacement and now I have a pretty good Vulcan 800 fuel tank in blue (2005?). I'm thinking of posting it on eBay shortly and wanted to gauge if there was any interest here. I purchased my Vulcan 500 fuel tank for $300 (hard to come by since there aren't many of these bikes) and would like to get close to the same for the Vulcan 800 fuel tank (comes with functioning fuel petcock, but you'll want to put your keyed gas cap on it, along with your meter gauge).

#3 ·
Hello, my Vulcan 500 came with a Vulcan 800 fuel tank installed, but I've found a replacement and now I have a pretty good Vulcan 800 fuel tank in blue (2005?). I'm thinking of posting it on eBay shortly and wanted to gauge if there was any interest here. I purchased my Vulcan 500 fuel tank for $300 (hard to come by since there aren't many of these bikes) and would like to get close to the same for the Vulcan 800 fuel tank (comes with functioning fuel petcock, but you'll want to put your keyed gas cap on it, along with your meter gauge).
do you still have this? and what color is it?
Sorry, had trouble logging into the forum. I still have the tank. I got busy working on my bike and never got around to listing it on eBay. It's blue, I believe 2005.

#5 ·
I don't know, but I can post a photo later. Probably the best way to tell the year. I recently spray painted my bike with plastidip and looks brand new. Figure you can color it any color you want since the tank has no dents or big scratches.

#7 ·
my '05 800 tank is black with a pin stripe detail, not sure if black is stock for 2005 or not, it has the metal tabs on each side of the tank and frame has the round rubber holders. I think the model year goes from 1997 to 2005

#8 ·
oh wait, my 2005 800 is a B10 so a B1 would start in 1996

#10 ·
Hello Joe, Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. This post is 4 years old. It‘s easy to miss the posting date. Would also suggest not to use you email address openly on the forum. Contact can be made with any member by Private Conversations. Just tap you user icon to get there. Don’t know what year you are looking for, but here are a couple of tanks on eBay. If you still need one put a post in the Wanted section here on the forum. Ride Safely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.