Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Looking for new ideas or compatibility......

9K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  Helvetic 
#1 ·
I currently have a 96 800a and turning it into a custom bagger (not just with bags) and I am running into the issue of finding gas tank extensions and the piece that goes in between the bags to line them up correctly for paint and looks. I ordered the front fender for the 21 inch rim because I will stick with that until i have the rest in place and then I will be going 26 inches or larger for a front rim. I ordered the down and out fiberglass set for the rear that I am going to have to completely customize to fit the back end. So, with that all being said, I need someone to point me in the right direction for gas tank shrouds/extensions and the part that goes in between them and the bags. Finding any customizable part for the 800a is nearly impossible and I've only seen like 3 vulcan 800a's on the internet that have successfully completed a custom bagger which is why I chose to go all out on this project for something show quality and to shock them when I tell them what it really is. On a side note, are the 800a's compatible with any harleys at all as far as fenders and body parts? I know the motor isnt, but looking more in the lines of the bagger mounting kits or factory brackets for the rear fender. Thank you in advance.

P.S. This is more of the look I am trying to pull off here in the next 2 months.....

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice, I like it. I got the down n out kit so it will be lower and longer, just haven't figured out how I want to go about extending the gas tank to fit the side covers. I don't know much about molding fiber glass but I'm going to attempt it.

#7 ·
Like it man. Just got the stuff in the mail. I'm going to have to make the rear fender brackets wider to make it fit and chop up the stock fender. As far as the gas tank, I can't find any extensions for the vulcans smaller tank. I believe the vulcan has a 4 gallon and the smallest extensions I can find are for a 5 or 6 gallon tank.

#16 ·
Figured I'd show some of the progress. Had to ditch the stock fender and going to have to find another way to reinforce the rear fender for a passenger. But needless to say here is the progress at this point. Bags and fenders are bolted on so that's pretty much how it will look before I line it all up and do some cutting for the seat and possibly the bottom of the fender because I don't want it to low for wisconsin roads.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.