Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vulcan 800 PICS!

454K views 893 replies 322 participants last post by  Liffa 
#1 ·
Feel free to post pics of your 800's. This thread will be a permanent sticky.

#30 ·
You can most likely install straight pipes with no problems if you do not mess with the air intake... at worst you would have to re-jet the carb. I had a 1995 800a with straight pipes... man was it loud... almost to excess... I ended up installing some short baffles in the pipes to tone it down a bit... it has a stock air box, but had been re-jetted... spark plugs always looked good on it.

#31 ·
+1 straight or Drag pipes dont offer much if any back pressure so they tend to be used on drag bikes and cars that run at wide open throtle all the time .. best results when you have a unrestricted air intake .. all this will require re jetting of the carb/s or mapping for increased air flow.

You will get increased air in, more fuel in and this requires unrestricted exhaust.. = increase in power..

hope this helps

#34 ·
It's basically a fuel metering orfice inside a carb, the larger the jet the more fuel that can get to the motor, but this only needs done if other mods have been done to increase air flow and exhaust flow. My old 1995 800a had straight pipes, but used the stock air box with a high flow filter, and was re-jetted... all of which was done by a previous owner... so can't really tell you how much power increase was noticed, but I know it was done right because of how the spark plugs would look when removed (no black- too much fuel or no graying that would indicate to lean and too much heat) a nice light brown and very clean with little to no build up.