Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Carb mods

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  heathcurrie 
#1 ·
My pipes are de baffled and I have the KN filter. I also have the dyno jet kit stage 1 and need to know if I should use the needle from the kit and what jets to use as well, and spacer location

#2 ·
Had the identical setup several years ago on my 05 800, so trying to help from memory. 136 main jet, needle on 3rd ring from the top with 1 washer, and I think 2 3/4 turns from lightly bottomed on the idle mixture screw. This should get you pretty close. I had a respectable independent shop set this up before I do other mods that required more jetting. Also, whats perfect for 1 bike may only be close on another, but this should work for you.

#4 · (Edited)
Its been 9 years since I bought the jet kit, but am pretty sure it was a dynojet kit. had 4 main jets sizes 132, 134, 136,& 138. The needle did come with the kit, and a screw and drill bit I think to remove the plug on the idle mixture screw. It also had 2 shims, washers, for the needle. The main jets should be stamped on the end opposite the threads with the size. May be hard to see. The stock main jet is a 135. Will try to find size chart I have, not all jets are sized the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.