sticky/stuck clutch - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

sticky/stuck clutch

Has anyone had problems with the wet clutch on their voyagers? Service my ride every 10k (or sooner if going on an extended trip) and while putting my ride to rest for the winter have great difficulty in getting it out of gear. clutch in...first gear....release brake....idle foreward with clutch still depressed.
Anyadvice or words of wisdom? Oil is kawasaki 100% synthetic. Bike has 70k(about 45000m) and ridden like a cruiser should.
Thanks in advance
Manitoba Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM

Garage
The problem will be with the clutch fluid due to its degridation over time and the development of air contamination from vapourized water. From past experiences with hydraulic systems I would recommend changing and bleeding your hydraulic systems while winterizing you steed as DOT3/4 will absorb moisture(hygroscopic) causing all kinds of performance issues.This is just my 2c worth and I hope it helps.

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS...

-2011 VAQUERO(RUBY)
-V&H SLIP ONS
-PC V INSTALLED AND TUNED (sheek map slightly modified)
-THUNDER MFG. HURRICAINE INTAKE.(lost 3 pairs of pants already)
-LOTS OF LED LIGHTS TO BE VISABLE AT NIGHT (MULTI COLOUR WITH PSYCHODELIC OPTIONS)
-SCYTHE MIRRORS
-I POD ADAPTER
-NAUTILUS AIR HORN(WHAT DID YOU SAY???)
-MANY MORE MODS TO COME.....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM

I would tend to agree with Maestro-sprf. Maybe the clutch plates are not actually stuck, but instead the clutch is not completely disengaging when you pull on the lever. I would suggest to squeeze the lever several times and see if that eliminates the problem.

2009 Vulcan Voyager, Wolo Bad Boy air horn, Kuryakyn ISO grips with contoured throttle boss, Kuryakyn Adjustable Floorboard Cruise Peg mounts with pegs, Cobra Tri-Oval exhaust, K&N air filter, temperature dipstick, saddlebag rails, Superbright trunk light flasher.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

clutch

thanks guys....will try both and if not resolved, may have to get it to the dealer
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1 View Post
Has anyone had problems with the wet clutch on their voyagers? Service my ride every 10k (or sooner if going on an extended trip) and while putting my ride to rest for the winter have great difficulty in getting it out of gear. clutch in...first gear....release brake....idle foreward with clutch still depressed.
Anyadvice or words of wisdom? Oil is kawasaki 100% synthetic. Bike has 70k(about 45000m) and ridden like a cruiser should.
Thanks in advance
Manitoba Kevin
Make sure to check your free play limits too while you're at it.

It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode