Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

In the Smokies this weekend!

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Corigan 
#1 ·
Sadly though no bike :( this was one of those quick trips and didn't have much time to load either of the bikes up....so far I've seen about 40 bikes most Harley glides and such...so jealous I don't have the Vaquero here

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
Yea I love it down here. This makes 5th trip this year first without a bike lol. Now that I have a nice comfy bike I'm looking forward to riding it down here next year

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Three of us spent six days riding from our base at Magee Valley the second week of October. We rode the 570 miles from home. It was during the cold snap and it was great. The leaves were about 70% turned and we had a great trip. We stayed at the Apple Cover Inn in Magee Valley. :)

#6 ·
Cstrong: Let me know when you come down with the bike and my wife and I will come up and go riding with you. I am in that area about 2x's a month. I have been up there 4 weekends in the past 6 weeks. It takes me about 2 1/2 hrs to hit the smokies and about 3 to hit the dragon.

I will be in Townsend/Cades Cove area the day after thanksgiving and that weekend if anybody is around and wants to ride some twisties.

#9 ·
Sadly though no bike :( this was one of those quick trips and didn't have much time to load either of the bikes up....so far I've seen about 40 bikes most Harley glides and such...so jealous I don't have the Vaquero here
Know how you feel CS. I was there 3 weeks ago in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg to Cherokee area caging it for a week with my wife. Weather was perfect all week, just before Sandy turned everything cold. It was really rough leaving the Voyager at home, especially since I was there last April for 3 days with the bike and rode the Dragon then. Oh Well... I'll be back come springtime on 2 wheels then, looking forward to it already!

#10 ·
I plan to get me a few motorcycle people together from here and head out to SW VA area for some riding myself. I figure that close I may ride out and hit the Tail of the Dragon and a few spots out that way. I may post up something when it gets closer. Maybe some of you guys can meet up out that way as well.

#11 ·
I made it up to Mount Mitchell this weekend. The roads were a little sketchy and the BRP was closed south of Mount Mitchell so I had to approach from the north.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.