Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Kawasaki Refresh

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  revrider 
#1 ·
With the announcement of the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture this past week, has anybody heard of Kawasaki refreshing the Voyager/Vaquero line up? I own a 2007 V2K LT and recently visited the dealer to see the 2017 vaquero for the 6 speeds, hard bags, and fairing. I am thinking if there is anything new coming, I might wait to get a new design or even a larger engine 1800 or 1900? It does trouble me that with other OEMs in this market that Kawi only issues one color per year. I loved the look of the 2013 flat black but with ABS and the Kact coming out in 2014 and 2015, I wouldn't spring for the 2013. Most other colors didn't do it for me (2014, 15, or 16). The 2017 is a nice red with some black out stuff instead of chrome but still on onboard GPS and other goodies that come on the HD's. Also, the HD's come in so many colors it'll make your head spin. Sorry for carrying on... just asking if there is any chatter on a potential update.

Thanks....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
From what I have read, it sounds like Kawasaki might be killing off the Vulcan line, save the Vulcan S. I don't see any bike competing with Harley anymore. They really do hold the market share. The Yamaha is a slick bike, but I doubt it has Harley talking.

#4 ·
I'm gonna say that isn't even on the same par as the Voyager.

Looks more like a shot at BMW's R1600 and Honda's Goldwing to me. I like what I see, but there is VERY LITTLE classic bagger in it that I can see. More like the touring couch on wheels sorta thing, albeit quite drool-worthy. Given how new designs end up needing time to work out the kinks, I'd likely still go with the time tested 'wing before that, at least for a couple of years.

I don't want that to sound like a total poopoo-ing of it. It is a nice looking ride. Just, at $12k more, there are many other options I'd consider.

#6 · (Edited)
With the current lack of direct competition within the Vuquero & Voyager's price range, I personally don't foresee any major updates from Kawasaki anytime soon.

#7 ·
Agree that Kawasaki is just changing the paint scheme every year on the Voyager and not much else. Same scenario as their Concours they built in Lincoln NB for 20 years. Basically same bike every year except the color.

They could not even manage a USB port on the 2016 model I bought new this year. But that said, I am sure liking the price for what I got. And with the new Ivan flash, it is a joy to ride.

#8 ·
I'm with auwing ... I looked at the Harley SGS, then the Vaquero, and it was way easier to spend $10k less than the HD and get the Vaq. 6k miles later, I'm still quite happy with it.

I wasn't sure about the white at first (I was looking at blue or green on the HD), but it's grown on me, and really sparkles in the sunlight. Gets a lot of looks too. Oh, and I've yet to see another Vaq on the road :D

-John

#9 ·
I've seen like one other 1700 Nomad up close and personal in a year and a half since I bought mine. I gets lots of nice comments on the bike for half the price of a harley. After 20k miles, very happy.

#10 ·
Hehe many people at first thought mine was a Victory. =)

#19 ·
900 on cl

jbest I'm in the same boat as you. Bought a new voyager, thinking I could sell my 900 classic. Dealer tried, had it on CL, reduced price no bites. Dealer said there is a influx market of used bikes. He has sold more new ones this year than ever. Thinks Kawi is going to give him major bonus based on sales so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.