Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Leftover 2015 Voyager 1700- Anything to Ask the Dealer?

5K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  boy_welder2000 
#1 ·
I am picking up my brand new leftover 2015 Voyager today from my dealer. Other then asking about the recall on the wires rubbing, is there anything else I should or need to ask about? Anything I need to look for? This is my first new thing that is on tires, every other motorcycle and truck/car have been used so this is "new" to me. Thank you

Reactions: downinthefrontrow
#3 · (Edited)
I hadn't thought of that. I did get them talked down a fair amount on purchase price and got them to throw in the 600 mile service.

Edit: Looked on Kawi's website for extended warranty and they do not show a 4 year option on the Voyager. The max they go is 3 years.

#6 ·
Congratulations. I can't think of anything major to be concerned about with the bike.......just pick it up and ride the hell out of it.......and post pictures!!

Reactions: Bob Loblaw
#7 ·
Here is the last picture of my 900. My Voyager is in the back:

A few side pictures:

The odometer before I left the dealer:

I was able to get the dealer to split the difference on the 3 year extended warranty (if I don't use it, I get the money back) but had to trade the free first service. I feel I got the better deal there. A few minor things I noticed. The bars a not as wide as the 900 which means I cannot see anything other then my shoulders in the mirrors. Mirror extenders are already ordered for that. I also noticed more wind noise then my 900. The shield is about an 1" too tall; maybe that has something to do with it. Also seems to be a bit jerky when rolling on from a closed throttle, even in the right gear. Might need to do the ecu flash sooner then I thought. All in all the first 20 miles went smooth.

#10 ·
I picked up a new 2016 Voyager last month. Even with the mostly cold and wet weather since, I just turned 396 miles on it. On the windscreen: I was going to order a shorter one but I did get the Kawasaki Gel Tour seat that arrived 3 weeks after I got the bike. . It raised me up a good inch and now I think the windscreen is about right. (more comfy seat as well) My dealer gave me 30% off any accessories I ordered at time of purchase so I got the audio cables and the saddlebag/trunk liners as well. Good luck with you new bike...I have loving my so far!

#17 ·
How does the gel seat compare to the stock seat? I am going to spend some time in the stock seat before I decide on changing the seat, but would like opinions.

I had a Day-Long on my 900. It was around $900, but it was worth every penny. I would like to maybe go that route again, but I can't afford that price now.

#12 ·
Kuryakyn 7993 ISO highway pegs

Back when I bought mine, I also picked up a pair of the Kuryakyn 7993 ISO highway pegs, and installed them with a good dose of blue locktite on all bolts once I figured out where I wanted them. They haven't budged yet, and really make long rides even better.

#16 ·
Back when I bought mine, I also picked up a pair of the Kuryakyn 7993 ISO highway pegs, and installed them with a good dose of blue locktite on all bolts once I figured out where I wanted them. They haven't budged yet, and really make long rides even better.
I kept the ISO pegs off my 900. I also have the longhorn mount for them. Yes, they will be going on before I do any serious riding with it.

#18 ·
I got my 2016 Vaquero back in August, so it wasn't a leftover. If you don't mind me asking you (all of you) what you paid? My Vaquero was $13,300, new. 1 mile on the odometer :D

For windshields, I love the 12" Klockwerkz recurve one. I had the 9" on there, and it didn't prevent enough wind buffeting.

For seats, I love the Corbin, but it's too much of a stretch for me to reach the bars, so I'm gonna put on chuckster's risers.

Highway pegs = must!

I also added the driving lights - they make a huge difference over stock! Good thing y'all's Voyagers come with 'em!

Congrats OP!

-John

#19 ·
The Voyager itself was $12899. When you take that minus my trade plus extended warranty, tax/tittle, and whatever other fees there were, I paid $12500 out the door.

#21 ·
Paid 11 K for a brand new (leftover) Nomad a year ago. These are ridiculously great bikes for the money. Get the flash, and you'll have an incredibly performing 1700 (104 cis). Is it perfect? No. Is it an incredible bike for the money? Yes.

Harley, eat your heart out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.