Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Voyager, Vaquero / Victory Vision

8K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  DVF 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, Wondering if any of you Voyager, Vaquero owners have owned or do own a Victory Vision.
If yes, I'm curious to what you like and dislike between the Kawi and victory.
I currently have a zg1000, a Vulcan 1600 and pull a bushtech trailer.
Thanks,
Bret

#2 ·
I took an extended test ride on a Vision during a Victory Days promotion. Bike was a 2015 with under 1000 miles. Things that stuck out, it felt smaller compared to the Cross Country Tours and the Voyager. The fairing rattled over every bump, even the small ones. And the only thing I saw in the mirrors were my own hands.
Motor was smooth and powerful, shifted well and besides the above everything seemed to work well.

#4 ·
I have done several rides on a vision, and pit 60,000 miles on a Voyager, and 30,000 miles on a Concours 1400. The vision is a sportier ride. The power windshield and wind deflectors are nice.
The Voyager hauls more cargo.

Reactions: iamarchie
#6 ·
I've been eyeing a few nicely priced Visions myself recently. I do have a soft spot for it's quirkiness and handeling but a couple of things I am having a hard time getting over is the lack of ventilation around the legs (which could get toasty on a air cooled v-twin) and the smaller awkward saddle bags. If it weren't for those I would probably be be riding one right now.

#7 · (Edited)
Have to throw my 2 cents worth of comment from down under...
2010 Voyager was sold in 2012.
Next bike was a Victory Highball that ended up being screened and saddle bagged.
A Highball was never going to be a touring bike successfully...
Moved on to a 2013 Cross Country Tour, at that time a $26,000 bike in Australia, The Vision was close to $30,000.
Cross Country Tour I would rate as probably the best bike owned, certainly the most comfortable, 6 feet 4 guy.
Easy to remove the trunk (and a totally different bike with the weight gone), store it... somewhere... it is big, use it when you do tour Cross Country.
Add an OEM quick release passenger back rest if required.
Bike would still be in the shed if home renovations weren't required.
VEE02

#8 ·
Odd about the pricing VEE02, here in the states, the Vision has been 1k cheaper, but have not checked for about a year or more. When I was looking at getting a touring bike, the Vision was high on my list, but was disappointed in just how small the saddle bags where once you opened them, a lot smaller than they look. Setting on it was a join though because it sets lower tan the Voyager.

#9 ·
Keep this in mind. Victory is going away. Polaris has announced it will discontinue the Victory but will support parts for 10 years.

#10 ·
Did a Victory test ride several years ago, drove great but rattled and the heat coming off the motor was rough. The Vaquero did not handle as well to me but was much cooler to ride and it did not rattle and as pointed out Victory is out of business.

#11 · (Edited)
Vision

Thanks all, for your response.
I loved how the Vision handled. The mirrors weren't effective. Small storage is true, but over come with my Bushtec.
I've decided I'm not buying a Vision do to the obvious problem of support from Polaris.
Tomorrow my wife and I will ride a 2017 Voyager.
Still want to try out the Goldwing.
Has anyone here worked with BR's custom bars?
I have a cross country tour handlebar I want to reproduce with knurling speced for my Vulcan 1600.
Bret

#16 ·
I test rode a Vision before I bought my Ultra I'm 5'8 with a 30" inseam the passenger floorboards kept running into the back of my legs when I stopped just didn't feel right though I enjoyed the comfort of the ride ... Just the bike was too big for a short old guy for me

#18 ·
Stock seat, but have now decided to buy a Vaquero just haven't decided n a white 2016 or red 2017... The salesman says the white one would be a harder resell in the future. They aren't giving much of a discount for the different years so the color is what is what I'm making decision on.

#21 ·
The Ultra tranny decided to throw some bolts out of shifter drum and seized it which caused the bike to act like a bucking bronco and threw me off it and decided i† was going to write itself off lol.... Yeah I really like the pearlescent look of †he white

#23 ·
I'm really torn between the Voyager/Vaquero and the Victory Cross Country Tour. Vaquero is bad ass looking, but right off the bat I'm going to have to spend another $1000 on a seat so the wife will be comfy. Then I will need to add the auxiliary lights and passenger floor boards. Love the looks of the Cross Country Tour, and it pretty much has everything as well except the lights. But then you have to worry about parts availability down the road. Decisions, decisions????

#26 ·
Went and bought the 2016 White one today pick it up next week when it isn't raining list was 18999 paid 16999 plus the freight pdi and taxes but when compared to US dollar think still did ok would have been 14755 fully out the door US dollars. Now all the fun begins seeing what to do with all the Harley stuff I've collected over the years lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.