Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Shopping for led daymaker lights

14K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Peg 
#1 ·
I'm looking for new LED headlights for my Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 classic with the Kawasaki light bar anyone can help with this I saw a few different ones on eBay and not the chinas ones but I want some nice bright ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
"daymaker" is a marketing name for the Harley LED headlights. I'm not sure if you can install them on a Vulcan without some modifications. You can replace your factory bulb with a LED bulb which does makes a noticeable improvement. The OPT7 LED bulb I put in mine however was little bulky since it has a built in fan so I had to cut away some of the heat sink on the back with a Dremel for the retainer clip to fit around it properly. But a year later it's still well worth the improved visibility for only $60.

#3 ·
Daymaker is HD's name for their aftermarket LED headlight & spots. They're made by JW Speaker, in the USA. So JW Speaker's website is a good place to start, to find the lights you want.

I've put one of their headlights on my Voyager (the 8700 Evolution 2), and it's a big improvement over OEM. I know that others have replaced their spots with JW Speaker LED's, but there's fabrication involved to get that to work well. For now, I just have LED bulbs in the OEM Voyager spots. The color is the same as the headlight, and they're very much brighter than they used to be.

#7 · (Edited)
I did the China ones route, but I thought I'd show the results. I used a $45 H4 LED bulb for the headlight and kept the frame OE. The one I got had good reviews and looked well made. So far it's worked out fine and is bright. All of the LED bulbs can be a bit tricky to get the retaining spring just right.

For the driving lights I used cheapo daymaker copies. They work very nicely and were $38 each.

Amazon Driving Lights

Night time view. The driving lights are aimed pretty low in this shot.

Daytime view.

#8 · (Edited)
They're all made in China, so why not go to the source? You can't avoid it without paying hundreds upon hundreds of dollars more.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fit...id=eb64370c-504b-4bf3-b029-fb4e097e3a2f&tpp=1
There are lots to choose from. Besides, our bikes are already Japanese anyway. By the way, the Trucklites brand is extremely extremely extremely extremely ext... (you get my point) overpriced! Don't waste your money! This site I'm giving you is way cheaper than Amazon as well. The only trade off is shipping time, but it's worth it!

#10 ·
#22 ·
I've not experienced it... But then I took the view that for driving lights, I don't need to spend top dollar, so Chinese knock-offs are OK. Headlight on the other hand, is fairly important. If that goes out on me on a dark & very wet night like my cheap Chinese aftermarket LED H4 bulb did over Easter weekend 2014... miles from civilization... (I could tell quite a story there, but it's enough to say I learned my lesson)... When that happens - you're pretty much screwed.

So for my final and lasting LED headlight upgrade - I spent my money on quality!

JW Speaker.

#24 ·
I've not experienced it... But then I took the view that for driving lights, I don't need to spend top dollar, so Chinese knock-offs are OK. Headlight on the other hand, is fairly important. If that goes out on me on a dark & very wet night like my cheap Chinese aftermarket LED H4 bulb did over Easter weekend 2014... miles from civilization... (I could tell quite a story there, but it's enough to say I learned my lesson)... When that happens - you're pretty much screwed.

So for my final and lasting LED headlight upgrade - I spent my money on quality!

JW Speaker.
Same thing could happen with a stock bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.