Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Nomad trunk kit $$$$$

17K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Joe Gilroy 
#1 ·
I've been interested in a trunk and watching the price on Amazon. It's been a whopping $1499.99. Today I looked again and they must be about completely gone. It's now over $1700! https://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-99994-0314-Trunk-Kit/dp/B0083C5ENA/ref=s9_simh_gw_g263_i1_r?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=WWC7ZP3D3HMJ09TZ2ZPP&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=6aad23bd-3035-4a40-b691-0eefb1a18396&pf_rd_i=desktop

Wow

#3 ·
What I have recognized with amazon is :

You an item what you would like to buy, but the price is not where you would be willing to pay ?
Put the item in/on your watchlist and wait. Sometimes a few weeks, sometimes a few month, but in more than 90% I saw a price drop down up to 50%.

Okay, only works if you have time dont need the item in the nearer future.

Cu,
Sven

#6 ·
Did you notice the total weight? 63lbs!

I have a KQR kit with rack you can mount a trunk on for sale in classifieds. Was used on Vaquero and I was going to quick mount my Voyager trunk but I use it too much. I also have a OEM passenger backrest I am not using.

#7 ·
Did you notice the total weight? 63lbs!
Yeah... I have a big canvas travel pack mounted to the luggage rack/backrest on my Nomad. I bet it has a bigger capacity than the trunk on Amazon, and yet, total weight of the backrest, luggage rack, and canvas trunk cannot be any more than 15 lbs. Adding silicone spray to waterproof the whole deal, and bee's wax to the zippers to keep them opening and closing smoothly makes for something just as practical as that hard case.

#9 ·
Checked out the price in OZ - only AUD1943, must be gold plated.

#11 ·
Keep your eyes open. Check out the FB page for Voyagers. I got my Voyager trunk (in near perfect condition) for $200 bucks and a day trip to Albuquerque NM. The trunk can be found for a good deal, you just have to keep searching and be ready to jump when they come up.

#12 ·
Keeping my eyes peeled, wanting to get one soonest, all ready have the rack to mount it to, so what I need is the trunk and the padded backrest for my Honey.

Halfbreed

#13 ·
Trunk Kit/Luggage Rack

Good morning all, I know it's an old post but having a hard time finding a newer one. I'm looking to repair/replace my luggage rack & tour pack. I have one of the aftermarket ones like shown in previous posts. Unfortunately, the guy who installed it (Bought bike used) didn't do it correctly and it's destroyed the plastic inside the "frame" that the luggage rack connects to. I can send pics if needed but basically I need both sides of plastic and also the proper backrest bracket or whatever should go down through the holes where the "normal" backrest goes. He basically took the old backrest off and mounted the tour pack on top of the luggage rack. The bolts ran thru the outside and on the inside it was just tightened down to the plastic so it's been destroyed over time.
Any aftermarket or stock websites I've found don't show ANY of these items. HELP....Thanks

#14 ·
WompusRacks.com sells a rack for the Nomad and Vaquero. Trunks can be found in lots of Places. RideBikeGear for example. Install the rack, place trunk where you want it, drill your own holes, bolt it down and you will be all set. Hardest part is painting it if you want it color coordinated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.