Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

GPS/Smart phone mount

9K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Kap 
#1 ·
I'm going to give a 30 pin BlueTooth adaptor a shot and am looking for some feedback from those who are using or have used a GPS/Smart phone mount. What type & brand did you go with? What was the cost? How did it work for you and would you recommend it? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

#8 ·
If you want solid, reliable, and versatile these are the way to go. I bought a ram ball mount, short arm, and a clamp for the handlebar. It can hold darn near anything and is a very sturdy mount

#3 ·
If the device you're using is important to you, definitely get the Ram mount; like the one ranger suggested. They are solid! A little ugly, but your phone/GPS won't go flying when you hit a bump.

I had one, on my old bike, and honestly; I don't know where it is! I couldn't see the phone in bright sunlight anyway, it always overheated; and at any rate, I can get along just fine with voice directions through the speakers or my headset anyway, so my phone stays in a pocket, saddlebag or glove box.

#4 ·
That Ram Mount X-Grip is outstanding. One size fits most. The rubber stretch material is like a safety if it did get loose (which it won't). I have the mount with Ram's "tough claw" mount.

#5 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.