Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Vaquero Brake Pedal relocation?

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  skorepeo 
#1 ·
The rear brake only gets used in parking lots and in emergency braking for me...and the pedal is in the way...I can't move my foot forward enough...anyone tried moving it, bending it, replacing it...anything to get it up, out and closer to the engine? or any combination of those options?

#2 ·
There was someone that did a modification on his break peddle. Let me think on it to see who it was.

#4 ·
#5 ·
There also was a guy who had an extension welded into his brake pedal shaft to push it further forward. Bubba's way would definitely be less expensive.

For me, just cutting the rear outboard corner might be just enough. I put my toes on the highway pegs and my heels on the floorboards and the side of my boot touches that corner.

#7 · (Edited)
Yep... I cut mine in half. actually more than half.... just enough to keep the one inside bolt (was two) that is underneath holding it on....still plenty to stomp on when I need to.. and really does not look bad....
Got it completely out of my way.... you aren't going to find a decent replacement.... yet....

#13 ·
Anyone tried rotating the rear brake pedal down a spline or two to make it a little easier to get hold of?

#14 ·
I added the Kuryakyn Dual Offset pegs to the engine gaurds, I was able to set this peg so that I can rest my heel on the floorboard and the ball of my foot on the peg, just to the outside of the brake pedal, pretty much fully extending my leg.

#16 ·
Brake Pedal

But not down?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.