Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

My new steed.

5K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  rickster213 
#1 ·
Thanks everyone for your expansive knowledge here. I have brought home today a new 2016 Indian Roadmaster. The Voyager has moved on to another owner that will be very pleased with Her as I was for almost 7 years. I plan to hang around here as I like to keep up and share My knowledge when needed. 40 degrees and falling when I unloaded. We had 40 MPH winds and snow just after we got home and unloaded. HMMMM. Indiana weather..
Ride safe everyone.[/URL[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/shepsvoyager/media/DSC04734_zpsgrmpiiib.jpg.html]

See less See more
#4 ·
A member of my club has a 2015 and absolutely loves it. Beautiful bike!!!

#10 ·
Nice! Love the Brown leather. Wish Indian would make a frame mounted touring bike. Nothing lIke the vision though. I will own an Indian one day. A dark horse version of the Springfield would be nice.

#11 ·
Congrats on your new purchase. Am sure you'll love it. Be interested in your thoughts after you get some miles on it vs the Voyager, whats better on one than the other. Am sure power and smoothness will be better on the Indian, but want to hear your thoughts.

#16 ·
Hi Rick,
Weather been pretty poor here, but, have managed 170 miles in 30-35 degree weather.
Kinda hard to compare here on vulcan forums, but, i can tell you this bike is awesome. My voyager was sweet, but this bike just wins all the comparisons. You take one for a test ride and you will be in love. Moral of the story is if you don't want to lay down the cash, don't ride a roadmaster.

#20 ·
Indian is has the marketing machine going full force. I saw photos from one of the rallies. Sturgis last year I think, where all the people working the event were in Indian T-shirts.

Indian has been doing "Trade your motorcycle T-shirt for and Indian T-shirt". I now have 3.

They give out pins, key chains, decals, and other swag at all their demo rides.

But, they have also had some growing pains. The first year brown leather turned white in the sun. I witnessed electrical gremlins on demo bikes.

I am closely watching Indian though. I am not an early adopter and am going to wait until they settle down and perfect.

The bike that might make me jump on board would be the dark horse treatment of the new Springfield. The less chrome the better, but I like the ride geometry of the Springfield over the Darkhorse.

It is amazing though when you go to the dealerships and see all the customized Indians that owners have come up with.

#25 ·
Sounds superb and looks even better, amazing what that brown leather contrast does for a bike...nicely done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.